Need help with taw and supplements

nemoraa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just lost a cat a few weeks ago, she was a stray becomeing outdoor cat becoming indoor cat at the end of her life, fast forward after the long grieving, I found a stray kitten while grocery shopping, bring her home, she was in pretty bad condition, diarrhea, fleas, dirty, a little underweight.

I have done the necessary treatments, deworming and flea bath (tho I missed 2-3 fleas and will give her another bath like in a week). For the first 2 days I bought any wet food available atm, I also give her probiotics for the diarrhea ((she's doing fine still playing and being crazy with huge appetite and still drink enough water luckily)) so the last day on that wet food her diarrhea started firming, then I bought RC mother and baby cause my friend recommended it to me, suddenly boom her diarrhea is back and didn't get any better, I read the ingredients and found out it has milk in it (I live in Indonesia and th RC recipe here differs from the US). So I goes down the rabbit hole with trying to find a good food for her, I wanted to give her the best since I wasn't able to do so with my previous baby. And I found out about raw food. ((Anyway for now she is on a bland diet with probiotics and her poo already looked much firmer just on day one))

Again I live in indonesia and It's very hard to find good meat sources unless you live near a barn or something, so I looked online and found some indonesian company making raw food, and it guaranteed the meat sources. I was interested but after reading the ingredients, they said they didn't add supplements because they believe it's already in the meat, so I was planning to add premix, but to no avail i can't find any premix here :(
I can still buy the vitamins by it self but I didn't know the amount needed.
So I really need help if anyone can give me guidance for the amount needed for each vitamins,
For more info, here's the rae food I intended to buy :

Beef & Duck Cat Food 500g - KIN DOG FOOD
Rabbit & Quail Cat Food 500g - KIN DOG FOOD

it's originally raw dog food company but they make raw cat food too, also there are other companies but the one I feel to be trustful (?) Is only this company

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nemoraa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also sorry for the typos and grammars error, it's 1 am when I wrote this and my brain just don't want to deal with another language 😂

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
High quality raw food that's properly balanced doesn't need supplementing, in my experience! If anything, supplemening willy nilly without consulting a vet nutritionist can cause harm, as many supplements are fat-soluble, and overconsumption of certain supplements may cause liver and kidney issues.

I feed unsupplemented, though, granted, I do so in chunks, with whole edible bone, rather than ground (grinding reduces the number of bioavailable nutrients), but something professionally formulated will typically account for that. Their formulations seem on point to me, and I doubt they'd require supplementing. If you're concerned, I'd get some blood tests done with a vet before, and several times after you fully transition to the raw diet. If your kitty is nutritionally lacking in something, it'll quickly show up in her bloodwork, and you'll be able to supplement. Alternatively, see if there are any vet nutritionists in your area, and call them up for a consult. Your average vet doesn't have much, if any, training in feline nutrition, so asking them tends to be fairly useless, at least where I live :>

nemoraa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waahhh, okay then, I thought I need it cause every videos/article/recipe I found have supplements added, that's why I think that's necessary. I don't think there are feline nutrisionist here but I'll research more onto that! But I'll still wait in case anyone have any othrr opinions regarding supplementing

I also wanted to ask if kittten around 7-8 weeks can already eat raw, cause I found some articles saying better to postpone it until they are about 6 months old.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The beef and duck food is 65% meat, 14% heart, 10% bone, 10% organ, and 1% egg.

The rabbit and quail food is 70% meat, 11%heart, 10% bone, 8% organ, an 1% egg.

The general raw rule is 80% meat, 10% bone, and 10% organs.

Both products say they are complete diets with taurine. The taurine is likely coming from the heart. You do not need to any any extra supplementation to either food. Adding extra supplementation will result in your cat getting too much of certain vitamins or minerals which can cause problems. Too much calcium can constipation for example.

Yes, kittens can eat raw food right away. One of my cats was weaned right onto commercial raw food by the breeder. It's easiest to get a weaning age kitten to eat a raw diet than an older kitten or an adult. My other cat was adopted at 6 months old and it took awhile for her to start eating raw food. Since kittens are rapidly growing and eat tons of food pretty much all day and raw food can't be left out for very long, feed a kitten canned food as well. Canned food is a cooked product so it's fine to leave out for a couple hours or so. You could even leave a little bit of dry food out for snacking on.

nemoraa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay then! Thank you so much for the input! I'll get started once her diarrhea is gone.
I also wanted to ask if this calculator for how much to feed is accurate? StackPath

I do would still leave out canned/pouch foods and some kibbles for her later on
Also which of these do you guys prefer for the wet food?
All Meat Junior Chicken & Duck wet food | Happy Cat
Kit Cat Kitten Mousse Canned Cat Food - Kit Cat International Pte Ltd
I Have another option for the wet food but I can't find it in link form, but the ingredients are :
Beef (34%), duck ( 32%), duck broth, potato (3%), perilla seeds, seaweed, konnyaku flour
With added : vitamin A, vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Choline Chloride, Calcium Lactate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, Mangan sulfate, l-lysine, fructo oligosaccharide, natrium tripolyphosphate, locust bean gum

Again so sorry for the many questions 🙏 but I'm wo thankful for every answers!