need help with hiding kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When l was writing the last email l thought she was asleep in the bedroom but she was  behind the blind looking out the windows she does surprise me and as its evening she is running and rolling about and loves the wand toys so when l think two weeks back there is a change she is not hiding  all day and night, just small steps but good.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Small steps are very good, shows you with time and patience she will get there.

Someday you can look back and think of how she started out with you as you look down at her on your lap :)

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 You get a lot of loughs on the way. Last night i was reading in bed at 1.30 and she was having a tug of war with my hall rug which Daisy thinks is the best  cats toy ever. Also now she knows the name l have given her not the breeders name. The she decided to play peeping round the door. She might not let me stroke her but you get lots of other things to cheer you up.

Anyone else having the same  problem with a new kitten, just hang in there  its well worth it.

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I seem to have hit a brick wall with Daisy. For any one who doesn't know that Daisy wasn't socialize by the breeder so was so scared when l got her

She isn't hiding all the time and she is playing with the cats  me- ow and other toys but if l move she runs and l still can't go near her can't stroke her or pick her up, l managed once to touch her head.

She needs spaying but can't get hold of her to put her in the carrier. But l think if she went to the vet just now she would go back 14 weeks ago when i got her and she wouldn't come out of her secret place, l never know exactly were she go's just know its in my studio with all my paintings somewhere.

Has anyone got any new ideas of what l could do to be able to pick her up and stroke her. As l am disabled l can't get down to her to give her treats if she let me. Another thing is she doesn't like treats have tried four  different kinds. Once when she was sat on the window sill l put my hand through the blind and touched her head but since then she is scared to go back on the sill when l am in the room.

Yet at night she is very vocal when l am in bed,its like she is checking up were l am and if l don't answer in a similar sound she carries on till l do. I don't think she will be ev'er like a cat that has been socialized but that's OK just need to get closer to her.

Jilly

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to be more patient. Let Daisy come to you.

You must also realize that Daisy might not be the "lovey dovey" cat you want her to be.

She does seem to be a very jumpy kitty. Have you tried calming remedies for her? 

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have used a  flower remedy that l used on my Persian when she was going to the vet  she lived till she was 16  traveling got Flyway plug in and the spray. Is there anything else l could get.

I am very patience with her but every so often l get  stressed, think its when my pain is bad. She is more jumpy when l move, l don't go towards her but just going out the room she is jumpy as though she thniks l am going to grab her but l am not near her.

She sleeps in the day till teatime then plays at night.

Thank you for answering

Jilly

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is Daisy allowed access to your bedroom? I'm just thinking that you may be less threatening to her when you're in bed. Could be a good substitute for getting down to her level.

I know you have lots of toys for her, but have you managed to find an interactive one that you're able to use with her? Something like the feather waggler ( http://www.thecatsite.com/products/feather-waggler-cat-toy ) could be a good bridge if you're able to use it - play with her, gradually start touching her with it and progress to stroking her with it. It would get her accustomed to touch and help her connect touch with pleasure/good things.

You say you've tried several treats, but have you tried things like warm pieces of hot dog (not ideal but often irresistible) or other still - warm cooked meat? That might have appeal where purpose made cat treats don't. Keep trying little bits of different foods - sooner or later you'll hit on her 'jackpot' treat.

I know how hard it is to be in pain - when I have bad days my animals react differently to me. Its impossible to send out totally calm, reassuring energy when you're almost crying with pain. All you can do is your best, and accept things may take s little longer because of your situation. Affection and close bonding will come in time. It's so hard to be patient and stay positive, but it can and will happen.