Need help with gender of kitten

Stefani611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have had this kitten since it was 2 weeks old. It’s now 10.5 weeks. We were told girl early on, but my fiancé thinks Tiny (that’s the kittens name) is a boy. We’ve been to the vet and I said girl and they didn’t say different but I don’t think they really checked. Lol. She/he got first round of shots and an X-ray for a hurt leg and then we were on our way. I’m attaching a picture of standing. If I need to fight to get a better one, I can do that. Thanks!
65135FE6-75C6-4DD0-9622-4D8123433CDD.jpeg

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why did your fiance think Tiny is a boy when everyone else said she is a girl? If she was a boy the testes would have dropped and there would be no vagina under the rectum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stefani611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 395308
Why did your fiance think Tiny is a boy when everyone else said she is a girl? If she was a boy the testes would have dropped and there would be no vagina under the rectum.
so looking at that picture you think girl? .... we have a male cat that’s one and he just thinks they look similar in the genital area but I don’t. But then I kind of felt like maybe there was a decent gap between anus and vagina so then he got me questioning. Lol

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Male cats do not look similar under the tail. Newborn kittens can be hard to guess because the testes drop weeks later.

That is the correct proportional distance between the anus and vagina.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably the little black dots where the testicles could be, very common in tabbies. They like to trick us! But yeah, definitely a girl, I hope your boy is neutered!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stefani611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's probably the little black dots where the testicles could be, very common in tabbies. They like to trick us! But yeah, definitely a girl, I hope your boy is neutered!
Yay! And the black fur was what he was thinking was testicles. Lol. And he is! We rescued him from a local shelter so he came home neutered and she’s scheduled for her Spay in November 🥰