Need Help Urgenty!!

Goldi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a 2 months old female kitte..all was fine for a month, she was very playful and eating properly. We found out that she had not got her deworming, so we got her dewormed. However things changed from this day..she got severe diarrhea which dint come down with medicines. After 3 days whe was put on IV fluids, then she seemed to be ok for 2 days, and then again the diarrhea became worse this time with high fever! The vet put her on fluids for 2 more days and then told we might have to decide to put her down!! I was so devasted..the next morning i went to a different veternarian hospital, they took her cbc and found out that her wbc was very very low and its felive panluekopenia. The vet immediately did a plasma transfer to her saying its the plasma of a cat who has recovered with this disease.
her IV fluid was on for 2 more days but her health dint seem to improve(but now there was no fever). Afte 5 days there was anither cbc done..and there again another shock..her platelets were 0, heamogloin was 2! all her blood was gone...they did an immediate blood transfusion.
After this for month she was eating a bit on her own,with on and off fluids but her diarrhea dint come down..during all this, she was given metrogtl,predinosole,doxycyclene.
A fecal test was done and the test came out negative..in between her vomitting started again
they did an Xray, Ultrasounf, Felv test..everything came as negative.
We tried changing her food..gave her the i/d food, bolied chicken/raw chicken,ultra care food. nothing seems to help..its almost 2 and a half month now...and my kitty is still struggling so much..she has reduced eating sometimes doesnt eat at al..not energetic. I feel horrible looking at her..she seems to be in pain

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At this point I think you have to think: How much is she suffering and is this going to get better?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goldi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At this point I think you have to think: How much is she suffering and is this going to get better?
Even the vet is confused about her health status..it is difficult for him to decide if she will get better or not because they r few days in between where she is active.