Need help switching to raw

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw that's great! :clap: :clap: :clap: FYI, Prowl isn't exactly raw, but it is a high quality food that's less process than most. :D

It'd be great if you could use that to break the kibble habit!

... and :flail: at "Rad crack" !!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jordann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The girl at the store swore the prowl was the exact same as raw, just dehydrated. Makes me laugh at the stupid things she was telling me, thinking I wouldn't know any different. She was trying to sell me a dog raw that was high in veggies/fruits and told me there was no difference between the dog and cat foods. She was SO wrong. I pointed out the different ingredients. She had nothing to say to that. :lol: Scary to think what they are selling people who don't do research on what they feed their pets ....

So I went home and fed some rad crack to Tilly and put a few of her kibbles on the little scoop of raw and she ate some kibbles, then tried licking UNDER the kibbles to get to the raw! Was so hard not to jump for joy! She lost interest, so I pulled the food and put it in the fridge as it wasn't out too long and offered her some raw a few hours later and she ate some more again!!! She just didn't like the cold plate. :lol: Seeing how excited she was, it looks like I won't have a Lucky on my hands. :lol:

Probably jinxed myself in saying anything, but I was so so so so so excited! :)

Off to feed Tilly again. Update to follow tomorrow. :):):):):):):):):)

jordann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of course her eagerness in eating the raw has slowed down, but she is still eating it, and I'm still offering it before I put kibble down. I'm even cool with her going to half raw at this point. :lol:

She liked the Whole Life chicken which was shocking to me. She seems to do better if I walk away, so that's what I'm trying to do. Will update in a few days, if anything changes. :)

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FYI, Prowl isn't exactly raw, but it is a high quality food that's less process than most.
Sorry to get a little off topic but someone recently mentioned that either Prowl or Grace was higher in carbs.  Does anyone know which?  I finally got around to trying the Prowl sample that we were given a while back and they sort of liked it...may not try the Grace sample if it is higher in carbs.  We may move the kitties across country this summer and having some dehydrated choices would be nice for the trip. 

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Found the answer to my prowl/grace question. It is prowl that is too high in carbs. We'll try the sample of grace.

jordann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Txcatmom, Tilly really wasn't interested in the prowl after her first lick. The dogs sure loved it though! Tilly is doing a little less than half raw and the rest kibble and she is not budging on taking in more raw, so I figure almost half is better than nothing, right??? I'm still trying to convince her to take more though!