NEED Help Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok....sorry for taking so long to let everyone know what is going on! The dr told me to watch Kassie because she was not taking care of babies. One baby is very vocal and the other was very lethargic by the time we got home and Kassie didn't pay it much attention either. I ran and got some KMR and a little bottle but the baby wouldn't suck on the bottle and I couldn't even squeeze anything out of the stupid thing, so my daughter got me an eye dropper to use. It finally started to perk up and made a little bit of noise but nothing like it's sibling! After a little while it started stirring and moving around and acted the same as the other. It took Kassie some coaxing to lay down but I finally got her to, and put the babies near her to climb all over mommy. They could not get a nipple for nothing though and that's what has taken me so log to get on the computer was to make sure they got settled ok. I FINALLY put a drop of the KMR on a few of her nipples and put the babies near them and they finally got a good hold and fell asleep with mommy while nursing. She still has yet to clean their bottoms though, I did take a damp paper towel and did it once and they both had a little bit of urine from it. She still seems to favor the vocal one though. Right now she is walking back and forth looking for somewhere to take it and has left the lil' guy (just what we've called him/her so far) laying on the little bedding area I made with the heating pad under it. They are cute little things! I was hoping they'd have looked more like their mommy. I don't even recall seeing a black cat around here but they got the genes from somewhere! LOL
I've got a whole slue of pictures!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e/4-27-069.jpg
Hopefully this will work and you can view all photos...if not, let me know!

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i can see them, oh her poor tummy, thats probably why shes not too interested. they are all so cute!

silverphoenix69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww her poor tummy!...But the kittens are really cute!. Just make sure that the kittens are warm if she doesnt seem to be laying with them. Yay kittens

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
but you can only see the one picture, your albulm is passsword locked. You will eather have to make your albulm public, or provide links to all the pictures.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I have it public now...let me know if it is not.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I think I am an emotional wreck today. I just started crying when I seen her poor tummy. Poor momma! I never seen a cat after having a c-section. Did the dr give you any pain medicine to give her? Thats gotta hurt by the looks of it. The kittens are adorable and momma is a beautiful cat. Hopefully she will start being better with the little guy. Are they both boys or do you know?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are going to be beautiful, they are beautiful
Poor momma, she will probably recover faster than you imagine. I'm praying for everyone.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nikki W

Ok I think I am an emotional wreck today. I just started crying when I seen her poor tummy. Poor momma! I never seen a cat after having a c-section. Did the dr give you any pain medicine to give her? Thats gotta hurt by the looks of it. The kittens are adorable and momma is a beautiful cat. Hopefully she will start being better with the little guy. Are they both boys or do you know?
She is a little uncomfortable, but no pain meds. Probably because it ill go through to the milk. Just some Amoxicillan and she goes back in 2 wks for checkup. She has some drainage as well, and they said it is normal since she had alot in her abdomen. She tried taking the one kitty that 'she likes' and finding somewhere to go with it and went up and down the stairs several times which she realized was not a good thing. So instead she took it behind the couch and left lil guy alone on the nice heated blanket. I have to make her lay down and attach the kittys to a nipple. I'm hoping she picks up on this. I'm not actually sure what sex they are, but I hope we are calling lil guy appropiately...hehe.

Oh, and the reason for the c-section was because the first one was lodged in the birth canal sideways(folded up) and the dr said there was no way she'd have been able to deliver. It was having very shallow breathing when they got it out and tried to resucitate with mouth to mouth(or so he said) and massaging and they could not save it. I feel bad for it and hope it was not hurting.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for helping me through this delivery! Everyone here has been so supportive and thoughtful!!!!!!!!!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww! I just caught this thread today. It sounds like you did a fantastic job helping the momma out with everything! All of the pictures are precious!!!

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww they are beautiful!! You did GOOD!!!

Your daughter who is pregnant is tiny too.
You have a beautiful family!!
Let us know when your grandchild is born.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments!

And I'd be happy to show off my 4th grandchild...a girl for sure!

That baby we do know what the sex is.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still in awe at what I have here after thinking it was a false pregnancy!

My male cat was just introduced back into the house after be stuck in a room since we came back with Kassie and babies. She tried to go up to him and he hissed at her!
So, we are not letting him get to close to where she has the babies but he is curious of them.

She finally grabbed the lil guy and moved him behind the couch as well which makes me a little more relieved!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhhhh, made it through the first night perfectly!
I was so scared to go to bed thinking that mommy would want to follow me up like she usually does. Not to mention how scared I was to check on the babies and afraid to find something might've happened through the night.

She is doing real good with them now!
She scares me when she lays on top of one of them, I'm afraid she will smother it; but other than that I'm really proud of her!

I just thought I'd give an update and a sigh of relief.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its great that everything is going so good.

Things are not good on my end this morning. My husband wasnt thinking when he opened the door to leave and let Sponge out. I ran outside and finally caught her and got her back inside. I no more turned my back when my 1 1/2 yr old opened the door and let her out again!!!!! This time Sponge took off running and I couldnt get her caught. I am hoping she will come back in. If not my mom has a cat catcher I guess I will go get and hope I can get her caught and back in the house that way. I guess my reminding constantly of not letting her out didnt click in anyones head this morning!