need help naming foster kittens

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I foster for a local spay/neuter organization and got a couple new arrivals today. Another couple had been fostering them for the last four days and decided they were too difficult to deal with, so the woman I work with asked me to take them. They're brother and sister, about 4 months old. Honestly, they are not difficult at all, just a little scared. The calico is the little girl, the shelter named her Spumoni, which I don't care for at all. The marmie is the boy, currently without a name. I'm trying to come up with some cute names, avoiding the trendy ones.

Apparently the previous foster mom made the comment that they looked like little dust mops and no one would want them. Can you believe it?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow , they are awesome .. So beautiful ...

How about Angus for the boy & Daisy for the girl ..

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!  They're gorgeous, especially the little girl!  What striking markings!! Stunning!

I like the suggestion of Angus and Daisy

Or what about Hollywood couple names.

Grace (Kelly) and Clark (Gable)

Tom (Hanks) and Rita (Wilson)

Lucy (Ball) and Desi (Arnaz)

Or  

Jean and Harlow

Last edited:

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know why but the names Kiki and Marlow just came to m mind. There are some names I am waiting to use on cats I hope to meet someday one being Tooty Smoot which my uncle in Pennsylvania named his barn cat. I also like Penelope and Peppy, but I like the game of letting them choose too. Use several names and see which one they respond the most too.

thefelinefan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure why, but I LOVE giving human names to my pets. A year ago we took in a stray cat who we believed had been living under our old, little rental house, and my fiancé suggested giving him the name 'Dave'. I love calling Daves name out the door when trying to get him back inside, introducing him to houseguests, and hearing the vet call out his name in the vet clinic. (Usually we get a few laughs). If I were you I would look for human names that suit them...

For the little boy I like: Marley, Henry, Darwin, Alfred, Alastair, Baldwin, Bates, Lennon, Kipling, Thomas, and Mozart (not really in any order).

I have a hard time finding girl names for some reason but a few that come to mind are: Ella, Celeste, Abigail, Emmy, Lily, Layla, and Roselyn.

A few other names that I like are Pippin and Mr. Tiggs for the boy and Minka for the girl.

Good luck, hope you find something you like!

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful! Who wouldn't love a fluffy kitten?  My daughter named all my fosters, but here goes:

Little Girl:  Cali, Spice, Charm

Little Boy: Saffron, Flame, Topaz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually had Daisy on my list of potential names. She looks like a Daisy to me. As far as the little boy, I just got them last night, so I don't have a sense of their personalities just yet, so I guess I'll just wait a little while and see. They were feral, so it might take a little while for them to get over their shyness.

miloandchloe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are so Adorable!! ^_^

Peanut and Butter
Nico abd Rosie
Toby and Jaque(Pronounced Jackie like Jackie Chan but its a girl name)
Casper and Cassidy
Jackson and Percy
Leo and Lexie
Ricky and Skye

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The beautiful little girl should be called flame with flame colour on the top of her beautiful head.
I don't know about the little boy. He has such beautiful colours and fur.
What sort of supposed cat lover couldn't see their beauty.
I like kitty names although my cat, stew ball was called Henry by my dad.

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I've decided to go with Daisy for the girl and Teddy for the boy. She's a dainty little thing and he's just a little orange puffball. They're both doing really well. Since they were feral, they're pretty grubby, so after they get a little more comfortable, I'm going to attempt to give them baths. Wish me luck!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I've decided to go with Daisy for the girl and Teddy for the boy. She's a dainty little thing and he's just a little orange puffball. They're both doing really well. Since they were feral, they're pretty grubby, so after they get a little more comfortable, I'm going to attempt to give them baths. Wish me luck!
The best of British luck.

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These two little munchkins were adopted by a wonderful family just over a week ago. The very first night, they were confined to the bathroom for safekeeping and they managed to find a sneaky hole behind the sink vanity and made their way into the walls! I checked in with their new mom and she kept me apprised of the situation. The family spent the entire day cutting into the walls and into the ceiling of the room below the bathroom. Finally at the end of the day, the two were found inside a far corner of the ceiling, which was the floor underneath the bathroom where they originally started. Since then they have settled into their new home wonderfully and each kitten has a doggy to call their own! They've been renamed Hidee and Simba.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful pictures. Especially the first one as you can see the.doggy's face better and the cat reminds me of my late lotto.

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, their mom sends me all her updates via text and the pictures are always kind of dark and orange. I clean them up as much as I can, but the results are not always great.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked a lot of the names, so It was hard to choose, and the idea of "hollywood couples" was cute.
  Even though Daisy and  Teddy became ...Hidee and Simba...as long as those kittens are not playing any more hide-and-seek games, where walls have to be opened, then I am sure all is well.
  Each cat having their own dog, is another good thing...sort of another member of the family, to keep a watchful eye on them.

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I liked a lot of the names, so It was hard to choose, and the idea of "hollywood couples" was cute.
  Even though Daisy and  Teddy became ...Hidee and Simba...as long as those kittens are not playing any more hide-and-seek games, where walls have to be opened, then I am sure all is well.
  Each cat having their own dog, is another good thing...sort of another member of the family, to keep a watchful eye on them.

They've been confined to one room since their little escape adventure. Their home is a 4,000 sq ft log house, so I told their mom she might want to get some collars with bells, or teach the dogs to "find kitty" before letting them have the run of the house.  :) I love that their mom has been sending me updates. Most of the time, you don't get the opportunity to know how your fosters are doing after they leave you.