Need help knowing the color of my kitty!

cozykittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya everyone, I have a darling little doll-faced persian kitten I have lept back for a future breeder 9I'm a breeder of 13 years) and I haven't a clue what this little kitten is.
Thought perhaps someone in here may know what she is.
Her parents are:
Mother is a white blue eyed persian and her father is a black & white smoke persian....and here she is:

esmeralda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Cozy, as I said in the other thread, your adorable baby is a Dilute Calico, possibly Smoke, given her sire. Her dam must be masking either Cream or dilute Calico I should think. I'm not an expert in cat genetics, but do know that white is a masking colour, and that the dam must be dilute to produce a dilute kitten from a dominant coloured male. You'd need to consult someone who knows more about it, or get one of those very useful books that shows you what colours different parents are likely to produce together.

Esme

comradekitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - Looks like a blue cream to me - BUT what color is Mom masking - both parents have to either show dilute or have dilute to get dilute - so the Mom could be read carrying dilute and the Dad the black carrying dilute and voila - awfully cute -Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cozykittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm....interesting....I know the mom's mask is a himalayan, flame point.
But Daddy has all the colors of the rain bow in him.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sue, I'll be moving this to the breeders section. I think you might get more help there

As for the books - check out this link:
http://www.thecatsite.com/shop/booksbreeds.html

In the middle of the fourth row there's Robinson's book which is supposed to be the bible of cat breeding.