Need help identifying my new rescue

laurenhk1991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is full grown, quiet big compared to my other cats who are all rescues as well. He was laying in the middle of the road, he had been grazed by a vehicle. He is super sweet, he is not big on playing with toys or other cats. He likes to lay in the corner alone but loves being petted. (I say all this because his behavior is different than the other cats I have) he has a very large head and body. Normal tail length. Dark wide strip markings n body. Big cheek muscles. We have had him fixed since we found him and brought him home. Does anyone think they know which breed he is or could he be a hybrid of some sort? Also he was found in the North Carolina area if that helps narrow any options. Thanks in advance!!

[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He looks like a domestic although rather big as you say, with tabby as pattern.   I dont see it clearly, I think he is classical tabby, although the bulls eye on his flank isnt clear cut.

But, a Maine coon, purebred or natural cousin, mated with a shorthair, the descendant will look somewhat alike yours:

shorthaired, because the longhair gene is recessive, it will be tabby, because the tabby gene is dominant, and it will probably be bigger than average.

So, he is no Maine Coon, but may have some relationsship to Maine coons.    Most probably the natural breed, from with the MCO were bred from.

Tx for  rescuing this guy!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurenhk1991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank u for the insight! I have 14 cats all have been found outside wandering around. All have their shots and have been fixed and r inside cats! I love my animals and can't help but rescue any I see need a good home. But I agree with the Maine coon thing u said. But he is so gorgeous! I love my kitties [emoji]128525[/emoji]