Need help identifying breed!

cat329

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, new to this forum and hoping someone can help me identify this breed of cat.

I've always assumed she was just a tabby, but yesterday my neighbor said she's a rare kind of cat who only loves 1 person (the last part being true).

Here's some photos! Thank you

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there. Welcome to TCS
. Your cute cat is a domestic shorthair,with a tabby coat. It looks like her coat is classic tabby pattern. She looks a lot like my guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat329

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there. Welcome to TCS
. Your cute cat is a domestic shorthair,with a tabby coat. It looks like her coat is classic tabby pattern. She looks a lot like my guys.
Haha thank you! What are yours like? She only loves me, and can be very mean sometimes to others or myself. She likes to be near but not touched... really loyal and follows me everywhere like a puppy. Very strange cat never had one like this before!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every cat is different.  That is news that shocks a lot of non-cat people!  I have had cats that loved everyone, and cats that didn't seem to like anybody, and everything in between.

I really like the tabby pattern on your cat.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha thank you! What are yours like? She only loves me, and can be very mean sometimes to others or myself. She likes to be near but not touched... really loyal and follows me everywhere like a puppy. Very strange cat never had one like this before!
Mine follow me too. Bailey is "high-spirited"lol, funny and loves kisses and stealing your food. He's interested in everything and loves visitors.

Grover is like a favorite childhood teddy bear that came to life as your pet cat, so snuggly and makes cute chirping noises. He is shy with new people. They get along great.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love her face. The symmetry of it, the lovely round eyes and ears--absolutely charming. She looks contemplative.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very rare because she is the only one of her own unique self! She sounds like a great cat.
She's a lovely Brown Classic Tabby, and not a particular breed... but with her wide oval face and big oval eyes, she looks rather like an American Shorthair, which is basically like the pedigree version of the random-bred "domestic shorthair" cats of the USA. And if that is where you are, she may share some distant ancestors with the pedigreed ones; or in any case she'd be very similar to the cats who were the foundation of that breed. (She looks more like the American Shorthair than most Domestic Shorthairs.)