Need Help Describing My Cat

nmlebrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay. Still learning how to use this site. This is my rescue kitten. Tabby or tabby/Bengal mix? She has the markings of a "classic tabby" including the bulls eye on her side. And her feet, and belly, and neck are different from the rest of her fur. That's where her fur is that golden brown color.. The fur that is golden brown in color is like satin. She has big feet and she is very agile, her spine is very flexible and she moves like a jungle cat. She is super sweet and loving. She loves to play but she doesn't use her claws to hurt me ever. She sleeps on the bed at night, between our pillows and doesn't leave me until morning. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nmlebrun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As you can see, she has no white on her anywhere. She's only 14 weeks. Oh and her pattern on her lower belly is muted because she was shaved for the spay.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I feel the older she gets, tbe more she shows tbe true markings associated with a Bengal breed.
Maybe so.   Its often easier to see on adults, young kittens are almost always difficult.

Technically she will always remain a domestic classic tabby, but I can easily imagine she has an Ancestor, probably a granddad, but possibly a parent - if so, again most probably the father

The markings on true bengals are very distinctive and striking.  You never doubt on a spotted bengal, and seldom doubt on a classic "marble bengal".

As tabby is dominant, their children tends to have the same tabby type, but it tends also to detoriate for every generation...

This with her big paws as you described in the first post, has of course connection with her being a young kitten.  Very nice she is gentle when playing with you. Not all kittens have learned this properly.