Need Help Aging These Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope. Trapped the orange/white one, he weighs in at a little under 1.5 pounds, or 6 weeks. I think the perspective on the camera interferes (things closer to the camera look *much* larger).

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I was actually talking about the kitten in your original post. The one in the video does look a little younger.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah for getting them!!!!! From the looks of the little orange and white one, can't believe finding a home will be too difficult. Start taking loads of pics and videos now to put out on social media when they can go - - you'll suck in more adopters than you'll know what to do with!

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caught the grey/white one last night. Elsa is 2.4 pounds, so she is about 8-9 weeks. So that was a good job of aging them. She's not very friendly, she hisses at me every time she sees me, but reluctantly lets me pet her. Not a cuddle bug like her little cage-mate Sandy. BTW, the orange/white kitten, Sandy, has gained 6 ounces since I started feeding him Fancy Feast Kitten augmented with kitten milk powder supplement, and is starting to get a little feisty -- I've had to break out the big bug crinkle toy wand with him when he starts treating my hand like a playmate.

My friend is hopefully going to take them in to the rescue tomorrow for possible intake. I worry about Elsa, they might say she's not friendly enough and needs to be TNR'ed and released back to where she was captured. But she's a pretty resilient little kitty so if that's what happens, that's what happens.
sandy-and-elsa.jpg

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And both Sandy and Elsa have been accepted by a no-kill shelter! I was worried about ELsa, but after three days of intense socialization work she was fine. She wasn't a love bug like Sandy (who of course was no problem like all), but she let them handle her and pet her without any drama. My guess is that Elsa's going to go on to be the queen of some household somewhere, ruling over the household with a benevolent paw, while Sandy is going to be somebody's cuddle buddy and best friend for life. So anyhow, glad *that* is over. Between the kittens, my own two cats, and the ferals that I feed and TNR, that's a *ton* of work, especially if you're doing a lot of socialization work to make sure the kittens are adoptable! Now I can finally relax and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning instead of spending every moment caring for kitties. Sure, I love'em to death, but I need a little me time too!

Here is the last photo I took of them, right before waking them up to put them in the carrier to take to the shelter.
sandy-and-elsa2.jpg

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And it doesn't stop. Another kitten showed up yesterday. SIGH. I suspect this is the surviving kitten of the calico girl that I TNR'ed last week. She looks old enough to be TNR'ed herself.
new-cat.jpg

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And in case you're wondering scale. Note that Oreo (the tuxedo cat) is a Big Boi and was TNR'ed approximately a year ago so is not directly related to CK (Calico Kitten). Cats are aloof solitary animals my a**....