Need Help & Advice -- Unable To Pay Vet Bills

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Mika is 3 years old. She has been dealing with gallbladder and liver issues. Recently she was diagnosed with a UTI as well. While it seemed like the treatment we were doing was finally working, I was informed today that because her UTI has yet to clear, there is something else wrong. The antibiotic she was placed on (Clavamox) is supposed to be very strong and kill off the infections quickly. I have a hard time getting medications into Mika. She's violent, drools and foams, she bites. I have done everything under the sun to try and get the medications into her properly but I always fail to get full amounts into her for one reason or another. For this reason, the vet wants to hospitalize her and put in a feeding tube.

I am a college student. My parents originally agreed to help out with the vet bills but Mika has already had one hospitalization stay that was almost as much as my college tuition. At this point I don't even really have the money to put her down with the cost of all her medications. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to watch her wither away but I don't know what to do. Mika is my first pet and my first cat. She is the most loving and sweet animal I have ever met (except when it comes to taking medications).

What can I do?

Attachments

sonya651

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there my friend is going through a same situation and she created a gofundme page to help with the vet costs and she has shared it on social media and has raised quite a bit in 4 days . I would recommend you try that being that you share your kitty’s story to a lot more people . I hope this helps and good luck I know it’s hard but you have nothing to lose by creating a godunfmepage

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s great I will be donating but unfortunately will have to wait till Thursday but count me in I’ll share your story as well all the best
It means so much to me that you're willing to help and that you're sharing it! Thank you so much! It really means the world!