Need Good Natural Wet Food Reccomendations

Kurai_Sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, I came on this forum because I really need some advice and help.

We live in India, where not every type of food is available, not to mention meat and fish is generally more expensive than vegetables, and we're all vegetarians in my family. I know that cats are obligate carnivores though, and Ryu's also made it very clear that he hates vegetables (long story)

I can feed him a wet/dry mix diet, supplemented with fish we get from our non-veg family friends. Till now, he was on Royal Canin Kitten wet and dry and we got boiled fish around once in a week/ two weeks. Just to mention, the meat and fish we get here is from the roadside, meaning its unhygienic and the fish sold in supermarkets is daylight robbery, so we need to boil the fish in order to give Ryu. We also gave him Sheba canned food once in a while.

He began having problems with his stool a couple of months back, and our vet advised us to shift to a grain-free dry food. We tried Farmina N&D, but he wasn't too on board with that. We finally bit the bullet and bought Orijen, and the changes in his stool were astounding. I was amazed when I changed his litterbox, and how happy he seemed.

I want to also choose a good wet food brand. His main food is Orijen, and I want to supplement that with a good quality canned/ wet food. Because I'm in India, the brands we have are limited, but some prospective brands are Applaws, Porta21, Schesir, Almo Nature, ZiwiPeak, Kippy, Nature's Menu, Yarrah and Trainer. Do any of you have experiences with any of these brands and can recommend a good one?

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience at all with these brands but I would like to say it is very nice of you to put your cat's dietary needs first. I have fed sheba food before, its not a bad brand here in the US.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kurai_Sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have any experience at all with these brands but I would like to say it is very nice of you to put your cat's dietary needs first. I have fed sheba food before, its not a bad brand here in the US.
Thanks for the reply! And yeah, it didn't make sense to me to force my cat into vegetarianism the way I've seen other cat owners here do. My upbringing and dietary choice will not affect what he truly is, a carnivore. I feel that it is my duty as his human (he was a feral, but ended up with us as a kitten. He can never go back) to give him the best within my ability. So I may not be able to give him raw, as that would become too expensive, even expensive than Orijen, but I can give him the second best.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of most of those brands (the brands in the US are different), but Ziwipeak is a well-known, excellent brand of cat food. Though it tends to be expensive! Be careful about the Applaws - read the cans carefully, as some are complete nutrition and others are for supplemental feeding only.