Need Cat Food For A Large Group Of Cats

tryingtohelpcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone :)

In the past 2-3 months, 3 of the female cats we have been taking care of have had a litter of kittens each.

We cannot get an appointment for spaying until July because the low cost clinic is booked until then.

We’ve kept the kittens so that they could grow old enough for us to find them homes. We did not want to just turn them into the animal shelter unweaned and too young.

They are weaned for the most part and have been gobbling up wet and dry food for the past few weeks. The youngest 3 have just started to eat food for every meal in the last 2 weeks.

We are getting low on funds to feed all these cats. If anyone could help I would be extremely grateful. We are out more than $150 because one of our female cats was killed by our neighbor's dogs at the end of April and the neighbor still has not reimbursed us for the vet bill.

We are currently looking into options for homes for these kittens before we go the local shelter route.

I made an Amazon wish list and added some for prime members and some that don’t require prime because I’m not sure how the wishlist thing works! I will give you the link if interested.

I would be so grateful if anyone could help. Thank you so much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tryingtohelpcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi:) Thanks for replying. We currently buy low priced food such as Friskies and Nine Lives and Meow Mix from the grocery store. We basically need help with food for the next maybe 2 to 3 weeks because we may have the ability to transport the kittens to another city later this month to a no kill shelter. We just need to set a date that fits our schedule and the shelter’s schedule.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you thought of approaching your local shelter and asking for help. The most obvious solution imo (and one that will help with finding them homes) would be for the shelter to take these kittens on for re-homing, but for you to be their foster home in the meantime. This way, they get to stay in your home for now, but the shelter will help out with food and veterinary costs.

Just a thought :catman:

Oh, and welcome to TCS! :hithere::welcomesign:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tryingtohelpcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi :) I have talked to them before about taking them in and they just told me general information like how they will probably get adopted. I know this shelter has vastly improved in the last few months but they’ve been getting a lot of kittens and animals in general and they even have a Facebook page to showcase the ones that need immediate rescue or will be euthanized. So I am worried they may not make it.

But that is a great idea and I will definitely look into it! I do know that they always say once you give them up they won’t provide updates but I could still try to work with them.

I would be willing to go and pick them up if they end up on the Facebook page however I’d still be in the same position of needing to find them homes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the shelter have a pet food pantry? Some do. Or the local human food pantry may have some pet food available. Keep asking!

Oh, and try your local Facebook pet page (I'm not sure if all towns have them but many of the small towns here do), or post an ad on craigslist. You can usually get a lot of donations that way, from people who have picky pets or who just want to help out.