Need answer what type of cat is this ..

melfice mamedov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

My sister bought cat without knowledge what type of cat it could be. Once she bring it home I am started search internet about type of cats and found our cat is Scotish fold. Most people agree with it but on facebook closed group about cat one person told me this is British cat not scotish fold.

Now i need answer from people who really knows good about cat types.

Here I am attach some photos of cat and video link from instgram site.

video link:

Thank you

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am melting from the cuteness. What a sweet little baby 

Where did your sister get the cat from? If it was from a breeder, they should have told her without question what breed kitty is. Any paperwork? 

How old is the kitten? S(he) looks awfully young. The ears may not have opened fully if s(he) is really young. 

@StefanZ  knows a lot about kittens and breed types so I will tag him in here

Can you possibly post some more pics? Maybe a full body shot and a close up of that adorable little face with the eyes open?

it would be helpful and I admit it. I want to see more pictures of this little angel anyway

Welcome to TCS!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With these ears it should be a Scottish Fold.   They are near akin to British shorthair, as  British are often bred into the Folds.

Because you cant get healthy Fold mated with Fold,  one of the parents must be either a Scottish Straigh, or another - usually a British.

So that is why she looks quite alike a British.

She is sweet, and also seems pretty young.  I dont think she is the usual 12+ weeks.   8 , not more as I can see. Perhsps even 6.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello everyone.

My sister bought cat without knowledge what type of cat it could be. Once she bring it home I am started search internet about type of cats and found our cat is Scotish fold. Most people agree with it but on facebook closed group about cat one person told me this is British cat not scotish fold.

Now i need answer from people who really knows good about cat types.

Here I am attach some photos of cat and video link from instgram site.

video link:

Thank you
Please, tell me, how it is possible to get what seems to be a purebred kitten, not knowing what breed it is?   :)

I mean, that is common if you get a cat from a shelter, found on the street, even bought in a pet shop if its a moggie.

But I presume she did payed as for a purebred and got a purebred.  Or at least, as near a purebred you can get, without getting with you all the papers and certificates...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melfice mamedov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for quick answer.

My sister bought cat from one guy who is only selling breed cats and dogs. Sister wanted buy Persian cat but when she saw  photos other option cats like this one she changed her mind and bought this cat with no research. Becouse she loved how the cat loook.

Kitty 2 month old male.

melfice mamedov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anymore feedback about what breed is this cat? 

Thanks

newdestinycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your kitten is a Scotish Fold.
white cats are identified by eye color so not being able to see the kittens eye color very well it could be
Odd eyed White
Blue eyed White
Copper eyed White or
whichever the breed standard calls for

If you can, check out Scotish Foldes on the CFA web site... You can see what the breed standard is...
I have to say the kitten appears to have nicely folded ears...

melfice mamedov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for answer. My kitten eyes are different color.  I mean right side one color left side totally different color. I am soon going to post photos of his eyes.

mrcloverthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a Scottish Fold!!

They're a little rare, you're really lucky!

Enjoy your little furball! 

Here is a video from Cats101 from Animal Planet on Scottish Folds :)

I believe he's also a mix with the munchkin breed - it's just a breed that makes their legs shorter. It could just be that he's a kitten, but there's always the possibility 

newdestinycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If the kitten has 2 different colored eyes then its color is an
Odd Eyed White. Very beautiful

tissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? I want to contact that person and get a kitten too!

melfice mamedov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, it is very far away. I am living in Azerbaijan. :)