Need Advice...

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, my boyfriend was best man in his friend's wedding two weeks ago. I went and sat with his parents and was having a great time, when the bride came past our table and yelled at me in front of the entire table for not getting up to catch "her bouquet"!!!!!

Mind you, this is the same girl who announced to everyone at her engagement party, "hey guys, this is the girl I was telling you about, she's the one who's 30! Can you believe she's 30!" She's 25, as is my boyfriend. I was mortified.

So at the wedding, I simply replied, "Honey, once you turn 30, you don't have to get up anymore!" So she yelled at me again.

So being mature and thinking, maybe she's just drunk, I went over later in the night and apologized saying, I'm sorry, I just don't do that anymore. She ignored me.

Now her husband keeps asking my boyfriend why "I" don't like them.

OKAY :censor::censor::censor: is wrong with these people??? Am I the only one who thinks they are complete freaks?!? How do I proceed with this situation? The kid is badgering my bfriend now.

THANKS!!!

catlover7731

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she sounds like an idiot age or not. I would sit your boyfriend down and discuss what you are feeling and what his friends wife behavior makes you feel. Then you can take it from there. If your boyfriend doesn't see that she is a ass than maybe you need a new boyfriend.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^^^ Have to agree. Is her husband that bad too? What does you b/f think of her?

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you should not have to get up for the bouquet if you don't want to, she acted immature and irrational about something so petty.

i would have got up and promptly walked out

tell your boyfriend how she acted and how it made you feel, i'm sure he will understand because she was clearly in the wrong, if he doesn't understand then that's his problem.

this girl sounds rude and embarresing, i would have been mortified if i had been a guest at her wedding and had to witness her tantrum

goodluck and don't worry, you did the right thing, especially by apologising to her even though she certainly didn't deserve it.

felicia

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, was she "yelling" at you about it, or was she speaking loudly because the music/conversation volume was up amidst all those guests? Having been a bride, I can tell you she probably was not herself at either of those events, the stress does wierd things to your personality!

Yes, she sounds a bit socially awkward, but I believe she is trying to befriend you, since her beloved husband is your bf's best friend, and she may not have many other couple friends from his side of the fence. Isn't that the way it always is, ladies, we make all the friends and hope and pray that the men get along as well as we do? And do we try harder with our SO's friends, since we already know they get along?

And newlywed hubby is prying your BF for answers because his little wife is apparently upset (and may take any affront as "she doesn't like me!!!
"-- very 3rd grade, yes, but what can ya do??) She was probably still upset when you went to speak to her that evening - or she was just trying to get on with her wedding night festivities.

I agree with catlover that you should sit down with your boyfriend and discuss how this is making you feel. It's not "I don't like her," it's that you got off on the wrong foot. Perhaps if you two were to invite them to dinner, just the four of you, you could iron things out -- or at least get some closure on this mildly dysfunctional friendship. He does not need to give up his friendship with the groom, but you ALL should try again to see if you can at least smile and play nice with the bride, for the boys. Who knows, you may find out you like her after all!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put it this way!, if you ever get married to your bf, i'd seriously be having second thoughts on inviting her!.

I'd be walking on eggshells wondering what she would be spouting off once she had a drink, especially in front of family and friends!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Put it this way!, if you ever get married to your bf, i'd seriously be having second thoughts on inviting her!.

I'd be walking on eggshells wondering what she would be spouting off once she had a drink, especially in front of family and friends!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

OK, was she "yelling" at you about it, or was she speaking loudly because the music/conversation volume was up amidst all those guests? Having been a bride, I can tell you she probably was not herself at either of those events, the stress does wierd things to your personality!

Yes, she sounds a bit socially awkward, but I believe she is trying to befriend you, since her beloved husband is your bf's best friend, and she may not have many other couple friends from his side of the fence. Isn't that the way it always is, ladies, we make all the friends and hope and pray that the men get along as well as we do? And do we try harder with our SO's friends, since we already know they get along?

And newlywed hubby is prying your BF for answers because his little wife is apparently upset (and may take any affront as "she doesn't like me!!!
"-- very 3rd grade, yes, but what can ya do??) She was probably still upset when you went to speak to her that evening - or she was just trying to get on with her wedding night festivities.

I agree with catlover that you should sit down with your boyfriend and discuss how this is making you feel. It's not "I don't like her," it's that you got off on the wrong foot. Perhaps if you two were to invite them to dinner, just the four of you, you could iron things out -- or at least get some closure on this mildly dysfunctional friendship. He does not need to give up his friendship with the groom, but you ALL should try again to see if you can at least smile and play nice with the bride, for the boys. Who knows, you may find out you like her after all!
Thank you guys for your replies - yeah, we've had dinner and drinks twice before this ordeal. Believe me, I thought we were okay and then bam, she snapped! It was her day so I tried to smooth it over. I guess it's just basic immaturity ... or alcohol.

I'm just hoping we don't have to see them much ... or ever again!
I know, I know...I'll be nice! I'm tryin'...
I just don't get it!!!