Need Advice On Relocating Ferals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alex134

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was your friend the only person feeding the cats at the apartment? If they don't have a food source there they will soon move to one of the other feral colonies. I think it's encouraging that there are so many other feral care givers in the area. Plenty of people who will feed the ones that have been displaced.

Maybe you could put up posters in the areas you see other feral cats? A photo of any of the ferals, if you have one, and a note asking for help to to trap and relocate the ones who may be suitable for re-homing.

Thank you for doing so much for them Alex. It's really frustrating when people think the problem will just go away if they don't do anything about it.
Norachan Norachan , yes, I do have a couple of photos and I had thought to go around the area and put some posters up with hope that one of the caretakers will see it and call me. And yes, my friend was the only one feeding them, the other tenants did nothing to help them. She was told by the landlord that he will have her arrested if he sees her near the property now that she has moved out. He is certainly overreacting, but that is the sad situation.

alex134

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update - sad to report no progress had been made in locating the rest of the cats. I don't live in the area so it is difficult for me to check every day. I did manage to go to the neighborhood last Friday and explored a couple of the streets where the reported caretakers are located. I did see a few cats around those locations early in the morning, but none that I recognize. I am certain they have found other places to dine by now, it has been two weeks. None of the caretakers have responded to my requests. Considering the fierce reaction my friends former neighbors had to her helping the cats, I am not surprised the caretakers would want to protect their privacy. Still, it is hard for me to walk away from this situation.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think it's great that you are so committed to these cats. It's good that you are seeing other cats around. I'm sure your cats will have worked out where to get food from by now. They're are smart like that.

alex134

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's great that you are so committed to these cats. It's good that you are seeing other cats around. I'm sure your cats will have worked out where to get food from by now. They're are smart like that.
Yes, Norachan Norachan , and it is summer and they have time to find their way to new shelter as well. Thanks for your encouragement.