Need advice on rehoming a bengal

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work at a feline only clinic and we have recently acquired (well, reacquired...) a 2yr old male bengal named Ledger. First, some back story.

Ledger's original owners basically abandoned him. He came to board for 2 weeks when he was a little under a year and they never came to get him. We tried contacting them with no success. So he became one of our clinic cats and it was a disaster. He started spraying and becoming very aggressive with our other clinic cats. So after having him for about 5 months, we rehomed he with a very nice couple who had had a bengal before and fell in love with him.

All went well for a month or so but he then started bullying their other three cats. So after six months of them working with him, they had to return him to us with very teary eyes. Their other cats were developing UTI's, were constantly hiding...not a good situation. From past experience we know he won't work as a clinic cat, and obviously we don't want him to live in a cage. So, we're on the search for a home. BUT....

As mentioned above, he is aggressive with other cats (fine with dogs) so he needs to go to a one kitty home. AND he is tritrich positive. He has bouts of it every 3-6 months and has to be put on ronidazole for 2 weeks, sometimes longer depending on the severity. So, he's a special needs kitty of sorts. One on one he is the sweetest guy. Personality galore. He has a very extensive vocabulary and can be a snuggle bunny. Typical 2yr old bengal, crazy as can be (in a good way,
).

I've done some research on bengal rescues but I'm honestly overwhelmed. We want him to go to a no cat, possible dogs, hopefully previous bengal owning home. Where in the world do I start? I love Ledger as does my BF Josh and if it weren't for his aggression, I would have had him when we first tried to rehome him. I've got to find him a good home. He deserves it. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you talked with the rescue in your area or region? In my non expert opnion that would be the first step...

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious, why isn't the TTF resolving? The ronidazole given at the correct dosage should remove it permanently unless he is being re-exposed somehow.

I defintely would consider taking him in here, but our cattery/rescue is TTF free and I don't want to introduce that problem here if I can avoid it.

Perhaps you can email me and elaborate further. I would entertain the idea of having him shipped here, rehabing him as needed and finding him a permanent home when he's ready.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Have you talked with the rescue in your area or region? In my non expert opnion that would be the first step...
Tried looking up Louisiana Bengal Rescue on the web and after visiting several links I came up with a whole bunch of nothing. There is a place to view and post, but there aren't ANY postings. Not a very organized site either..... Still digging though!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial would probably be the best to help you out in either finding a home or a fairly close Bengal rescue. Good luck in finding him the right home