Need Advice For Dosing 4 Cats For Flea Meds Please!

swilson56

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone,
I have four cats. Two sets of siblings from completely different parents.

I got the first set of siblings, Unsub & Penelope, back in March 2016. So they are almost 2 & a half years old. Unsub is a bigger cat, he weighs about 15lbs.. Penelope is quite a bit smaller, she weighs probably around 8lbs.

About 10 months ago, I found two kittens less than 24 hours old behind a dumpster next to their mom & siblings (who unfortunately passed away from what was an apparent raccon attack :sniffle:).. I took the two in & raised them into the healthy, happy kittens they are today. Girl is very large, so much so that I am starting to become concerned with how big she is (But that's a whole different issue for another day).. Anyways, she probably weighs a good 10lbs. Boy on the other hand is much more slim & very tall. He probably weighs about 7lbs. (Their names are boy & girl since me & my husband couldn't come to an agreement on their names lol :lol:)

Anyways, all four of them have fleas & I had bought Cheristin For Cats awhile ago but never used it since it was winter & fleas weren't a problem. Now that it's warmer outside & it's very evident they have fleas I decided I was finally going to treat them but I went online first to read up on Cheristin since I purchased it over 6 months ago. However, the things I've learned after doing said research, I am no longer comfortable putting that stuff on my cats & have now decided on going with Bayer Advantage II. My problem though is that I have 4 different cats who all weigh different weights.

I'm wondering if I'm going too have to buy 1 pack of advantage for cats under 9lbs & 1 pack for cats over 9lbs.. Or if there is some way for me to only have to buy one pack & be able to treat all four with it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much for your time!!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why i get advantage multi from my vet, i have 4 cats that have very different weights. I dont need to worry or think about it. The vet knows what each one weighs, i do too. and i just pick up one tube of the correct dose for each cat and their weight each month. no need to buy boxes of multiple sizes, and or guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swilson56

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah that would be ideal but the vet is very expensive especially since I would have to get check ups done on all 4 first and I just dont have the $200+ to spend right now so I'm looking to go with the Bayer Advantage II.