Need Advice for Another in re Pemphigus Foliaceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Another member's cat has been diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder Pemphigus Foliaceus as well as IBS. The diagnosing vet has done extensive tests. Our member is struggling financially so the vet offered to adopt and treat the cat. she worries that maybe her cat should just be euthanized because the cat looks like she is miserable. Any suggestions? What I have read, it sounds treatable.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Another member's cat has been diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder Pemphigus Foliaceus as well as IBS. The diagnosing vet has done extensive tests. Our member is struggling financially so the vet offered to adopt and treat the cat. she worries that maybe her cat should just be euthanized because the cat looks like she is miserable. Any suggestions? What I have read, it sounds treatable.
I don't have experience of either of these medical conditions, catsknowme catsknowme , but if it sounds treatable, I would definitely give her every chance, of course. And I would google/bing the conditions and read everything I could about them. *PRAYERS* and all the very best thoughts for that sweet cat!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaches was taken in for a second opinion and the painful decision was euthanasia. I started a thread in Crossing the Bridge, if anyone wants to offer Peaches' owner their condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.