need a female name to go with Raja

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help naming my kitty I will be bringing home around new years. I wanted a name that would go with her big brothers name Raja.... this means king In hindi. I was thinking about India, but my husband is on the fence about it. I'm trying to come up with a female name that is either indian decent, hindi language, or something that means queen princess or royalty in a different language. The first pic is Raja and second is little sister. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do you pronounce that?

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm. Sounds too much like the American boy name Ronny for me.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I like India. You could also go a little different way and name her Jasmine...the Indian princess in Aladdin. Raja was the name of her pet tiger, so still fits.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Jasmine is a lovely name! Another possibility is Sita. She was the beautiful wife of Rama stolen by an evil king - it's all told in the Indian epic the Ramayana, Great story! But Jasmine is very nice, too.

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I thought of jasmine but hubby didn't like it. Sita sounds interesting . Pronounced how it's spelled?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the name Sita. There's also Maya/Maia/Mya, which is the alternate name of the Hindu goddess Durga, the goddess of victory, and means "princess" in Arabic.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's some ideas, all Hindi names, some from Hindu mythology:

Chandra, "moon", because she's pale compared to him, like the moon

Indira "beauty", sort of similar in sound to "India"

Indrani "queen", obvious parallel with Raja

Jaya "victory", the meaning isn't anything in particular, but I think "Raja and Jaya" has a nice ring to it sound-wise.

Radha, the wife of Krishna, might sound too similar to Raja to distinguish easily

Usha "dawn", also seems nice for her bright colour, and I had a friend named this so I just like the name

Malati, sanskrit word for "Jasmine", so then you can name her Jasmine but also not.

Tara, "star", unrelated to the Irish name which is coincidentally the same but related to "Aster", "Esther", and "Stella" instead

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All great suggestions thankyou!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about Rina, Princess, Aja, Luna, Mena and Mesha :-)

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I decided on Cleo. It's two fold like the name Raja. Short for Cleopatra the Egyptian queen, and also the name of the fish in pinicchoi. Kind of like Raja being hindi for king, and also being the tiger from Aladdin. Does this make sence to anyone else lol? Opinions welcome.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I decided on Cleo. It's two fold like the name Raja. Short for Cleopatra the Egyptian queen, and also the name of the fish in pinicchoi. Kind of like Raja being hindi for king, and also being the tiger from Aladdin. Does this make sence to anyone else lol? Opinions welcome.
Cleo is cute! Cleo and Raja sound great together.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Cleo is a great name for a cat. It really fits her, too.[emoji]128077[/emoji]

jwiet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too! Thaks everyone for all the help!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! Cleo is more adorable than ever. What a wonderful New Year's present. [emoji]127881[/emoji]