ne1 read this?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wysong is a very strange company. They put too much iodine in the Call of the Wild supplement. Or, rather, above the amount recommended to prevent problems by Dr. Peterson, based on published research, though technically the AAFCO doesn't have a max amount. So it *may* be too much. But rather than just lower the amount, they have a huge long paper up on their site defending the idea that it's not a problem. :dk:

A friend that does ferret nutrition consults recommended their foods for those that didn't want to feed raw. Well, they changed the formula without telling anyone. And ferrets started getting diarrhea from eating it. They confirmed they did change it - but for a company that tries to set itself apart from the competition, they sure don't act like they care about their customers and their concerns. :(

This article does have valid points buried in the hype and diatribe. Bummer it's presented in a scare-tactic fashion. Typical of Wysong, IMO.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wysong is a very strange company. They put too much iodine in the Call of the Wild supplement. Or, rather, above the amount recommended to prevent problems by Dr. Peterson, based on published research, though technically the AAFCO doesn't have a max amount. So it *may* be too much. But rather than just lower the amount, they have a huge long paper up on their site defending the idea that it's not a problem.

A friend that does ferret nutrition consults recommended their foods for those that didn't want to feed raw. Well, they changed the formula without telling anyone. And ferrets started getting diarrhea from eating it. They confirmed they did change it - but for a company that tries to set itself apart from the competition, they sure don't act like they care about their customers and their concerns.

This article does have valid points buried in the hype and diatribe. Bummer it's presented in a scare-tactic fashion. Typical of Wysong, IMO.
I remember something about Wysong and some extra long articles defending something...but could not for the life of me remember specifics so thank you LDG!  It's been driving me nuts all day.

That stinks about the ferrets.  That kind of stuff really grinds my gears.  As does the scare-tactics you've mentioned.  The actual style of writing has made me stick my fingers in my ears and yell "la la la la la!"

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember something about Wysong and some extra long articles defending something...but could not for the life of me remember specifics so thank you LDG!  It's been driving me nuts all day.

That stinks about the ferrets.  That kind of stuff really grinds my gears.  As does the scare-tactics you've mentioned.  The actual style of writing has made me stick my fingers in my ears and yell "la la la la la!"

:yeah: Exactly! They have some great information buried in their site - it's just hard to weed through the tripe to get at it.