naughty kitty!

cuddles14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone!

my little kitty is 15 weeks old. shes recently started really biting me rough i have read all the behavoiur fourms and she does all things signs it says ears back etc i have tryed ignoring her tryed going limp. she still holds on and attacks. these attacks are not brought on tho  i think she could be just playing rough?? 

i dont know tho, when my partner tells her "No" she responds when i say it she ignores me?! and carries on. her bites are really painful and my arms and legs are ruined. 

=( 

please someone help!! 

i love my princessess to peices but shes driving me nuts!!!!!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hello everyone!

my little kitty is 15 weeks old. shes recently started really biting me rough i have read all the behavoiur fourms and she does all things signs it says ears back etc i have tryed ignoring her tryed going limp. she still holds on and attacks. these attacks are not brought on tho  i think she could be just playing rough?? 

i dont know tho, when my partner tells her "No" she responds when i say it she ignores me?! and carries on. her bites are really painful and my arms and legs are ruined. 

=( 

please someone help!! 

i love my princessess to peices but shes driving me nuts!!!!!
Saying no is not enough.  I am stunned it works for your boyfriend Going limp while she is doing it won't usually help either.

1.  When she does it, scream "OW".  Really say it loudly, in a stern tone.  If what she is biting is not your hand, also clap your hands, again, loudly.

2. After she is done biting you, ignore her for at least 5 minutes.  Let her know you won't play or be affectionate after she bites.

3.  She may be teething. Make sure you have acceptable things for her to bite scattered everywhere.  Heavy duty drinking straws and small toy mice work well for this.

4.  Make sure you are playing with her a lot with interactive toys, especially if she doesn't have a playmate with her.

5. Also try hissing at her when she bites you.  If you do this many cats will get the message.

Good luck.