Naughty cat - Thinks my bed is hers

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Snickers lies down 2 feet from me on my bed. I lay my hand down by my side. Snickers leans over and swats me, then does a slight lunge toward me, then again, as if she were making a threat.

I told her 'No,' and she seemed to settle down.

She seems to be working hard to become an outdoor cat.

iwilltakethem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she's bored at night. Cats are naturally more active during the night. You could try leaving special night time toys or maybe a TV or radio on low. Cats have way better hearing then us. Or if she's just wants to be with yu get her used to being in the bed with you and settling down for sleep time to get her on yur schedule.

Let us know how it progresses.

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree spend about 20 minutes with her before bed with solid playtime and excercise. The wand toys or fishing pole type toys are great for tiring them out!

mtl00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
have you given Snicker her own bed? maybe if you place her smaller bed on your bed amd then gradually move it down or leave it up there,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I play catch the string/red dot with her before bed to try to wear her out. I may have to get more toys.

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did give her her own bed, but she likes mine better it seems.

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL, I'm a dog person. She's plushy pest control.

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I play catch the string/red dot with her before bed to try to wear her out. I may have to get more toys.
Those are good! But if you look into the fishing pole/wand toys they will get her moving a lot more. If you've never seen them it's a stick with a string a attached and a toy at the end of the string. If you move it through the air it really gets them jumping. It's the best for tiring them them out.you can get simple ones at dollar stores, and you can get some really elaborate ones from pet stores. Try a few different ones to see what she likes. As far as her being pest control, cats actually hunt for sport and play. So if she is not happy and content with her life then she is not going to feel up to hunting. If you put in a little more effort with her she will be more likely to want to hunt for you.

samuel medina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I couldn't get to town today, so I tok a bamboo rod i had, braided some strings together and, grabbed a little electrical tape, and voila! Instant 'fishing pole' toy. She hunted and fought with the string for about an hour. She's out cold right now, should sleep for hours, I hope. ;)

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't get to town today, so I tok a bamboo rod i had, braided some strings together and, grabbed a little electrical tape, and voila! Instant 'fishing pole' toy. She hunted and fought with the string for about an hour. She's out cold right now, should sleep for hours, I hope. ;)
that's great! I'm glad that worked out!