Nature's Variety Raw - Voluntary Recall

brookesphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but since it's raw food...

From the Nature's Variety website:

We want to inform you that Natureâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Variety has initiated a voluntary recall of our Chicken Formula Raw Frozen Diet for dogs and cats with the “Best If Used By†date of 11/10/10 because these products may be contaminated with Salmonella.The only products affected are limited to chicken medallions, patties, and chubs with a “Best If Used By†date of 11/10/10.This includes:

* 3 lb chicken medallions (UPC# 7 69949 60130 2) with a “Best If Used By†date of 11/10/10
* 6 lb chicken patties (UPC# 7 69949 60120 3) with a “Best If Used By†date of 11/10/10
* 2 lb chicken chubs (UPC# 7 69949 60121 0) with a “Best If Used By†date of 11/10/10

Look for the “Best If Used By†date on the back of the package directly above the handling instructions.

Please be assured, no human or pet illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this issue. Also, no other Natureâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Variety products are affected by this issue.

More info can be found here.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting this
I don't use premade but know lots of people do. Though I do wonder if the recall is more for the persons safety rather than the cat/dogs?...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brookesphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryfriends50

Thanks for posting this
I don't use premade but know lots of people do. Though I do wonder if the recall is more for the persons safety rather than the cat/dogs?...
Good point... i don't use premade either, but I started out feeding it and know many people who do! They say no person or animal has gotten sick from it and it's a voluntary recall. Fingers crossed that it stays that way! I'm going to call my local stores tomorrow and make sure they know to pull their stock.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ALL recalls except for things like baby formula are Voluntary... IMHO the rules hopefully will gain some teeth...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - good to know since I have some in the freezer. Honestly - only four of my 7 will eat this stuff. And then only a couple times a week if that. I have hardly used it.