Natures Variety Limited Ingredient Food - Formulation Change

freddyf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been feeding my cat the dog version of Natures Variety Limited ingredient duck and chicken canned food. Both the dog and cat version were the same ingredients and both contained taurine. They have changed their formulations of this food and the dog version no longer contains taurine which now makes it unacceptable for cats. The dog version was cheaper in the large cans compared to the 5.5 oz can.
Anyone feeding the dog version as been recommended on the site previously please do not purchase the dog version in the future as it is now not acceptable for cats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for letting us know. I think there are some folks here who DO feed the dog version

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know. :geekcat:

It is very annoying how pet food companies make changes without saying anything.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it just the LID line? The Orignals dog formulas is the other line that can be fed to cats unless NV has changed that as well.

You may be able to still feed the food if you add in a taurine supplement. I think there's a TCS thread that discusses this.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding my cats the cat version of LID rabbit. I noticed they have added pea protein now and the cans have less calories. Im very disappointed that they have downgraded since cats need protein from animal sources. This product isnt cheap and we pay a premium expecting a quality product. I have expressed my disappointment through an email.