Nature's Miracle Smell

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey folks,
Does anyone know how to remove the smell of Nature's Miracle from carpet material? I made the mistake of using it to clean areas on both of my cat trees and now neither cat wants to use either tree.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gosh, the only thing I can think of is to set them outside to air out. Too bad it's winder, although maybe not where you live?

OH, I wonder if you could sprinkle baking soda on them, let it sit for awhile, then vacuum it off. That's supposed to neutralize odors. Worth a try, since they aren't using the trees anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mrsgreenjeens! It is winter here, but it isn't raining or anything. I did both of your suggestions and it's helped. The baking soda, vacuuming, and sitting them out on my balcony definitely reduced the smell. It isn't completely gone, but fingers crossed it's neutralized enough that the cats will return to using them. Cosmos was very curious about them being outside and then brought back in. I also sprinkled some catnip all over both trees.

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rocket is currently using one of the trees, so I'd say that's a success! Thanks again, Mrsgreenjeens!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Natures mirical doesn't have a smell or at least the original formula didn't.

I think some of the newer ones have a citris smell to it, is that the kind you used?

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Natures mirical doesn't have a smell or at least the original formula didn't.

I think some of the newer ones have a citris smell to it, is that the kind you used?
I’m surprised to hear that, as it’s always had a smell to me. Even over a decade ago when my mother would use it to clean up after her dog. It has this weird “clean” smell. Put in quotes since I don’t mean clean as in the absence of a dirty, stinky smell, lmao. More “clean” as in what various cleaning products smell like. Is this one different from the original version you’re thinking of?
IMG_2054.jpeg

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m surprised to hear that, as it’s always had a smell to me. Even over a decade ago when my mother would use it to clean up after her dog. It has this weird “clean” smell. Put in quotes since I don’t mean clean as in the absence of a dirty, stinky smell, lmao. More “clean” as in what various cleaning products smell like. Is this one different from the original version you’re thinking of? View attachment 465961
The one I remember actualy looked like this

We had an old senile cat who peed all over the house. Ruined my mothers good heels too I remember.

We always kept a big jug of this stuff for when she peed on the rugs or furnature. I really don't remember it having a scent but maybe because the whole house smelt like the stuff mixed with pee.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have the same one as J Jabzilla and I agree that it has the most awful smell. I only use it sparingly on out-of-the-way, hard surfaces if one of the cats throws up or the like. Even then I noticed that they avoid that area until I’ve washed the spot with water.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we bought our house the people that we bought it from had big dogs that they shut up in the basement. The smell of urine was so strong it made your eyes water. After soaking all the cement 3 times with Nature's Miracle (bought gallons of it) The smell i completely gone. I don't smell anything now at all, I really didn't think we would ever get rid of that smell. we put vinyl planks over the floor and it is great!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had to change from Nature's Miracle because the smell set off my husband's asthma. Yes, it now has a smell

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
People really do have preferences for these cleaners and whatever works for someone is the best choice. I switched to Fizzion and have been very happy with it.

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After sleeping on one of the cat trees, one of my cats now smells like Nature's Miracle. I hate it. I ended up throwing away the second cat tree, as it was still absolutely reeking and made the apartment smell like chemicals. So now the question is, how can I remove the Nature's Miracle smell from my cat's fur? I have waterless cat shampoo, should I use that? I am never using this cleaner again.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would only use the cleaner on floor rugs or places that people and animals don't tend to occupie.

Although labled for pets it can be used for kids, spills, shoe tracking, stains etc. Instead of wasting it I would probably just keep it in an area like a garage or kids room. Or for when utility people track dirt through the house.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks Mrsgreenjeens! It is winter here, but it isn't raining or anything. I did both of your suggestions and it's helped. The baking soda, vacuuming, and sitting them out on my balcony definitely reduced the smell. It isn't completely gone, but fingers crossed it's neutralized enough that the cats will return to using them. Cosmos was very curious about them being outside and then brought back in. I also sprinkled some catnip all over both trees.
I was going to suggest catnip. Good thinking!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After sleeping on one of the cat trees, one of my cats now smells like Nature's Miracle. I hate it. I ended up throwing away the second cat tree, as it was still absolutely reeking and made the apartment smell like chemicals. So now the question is, how can I remove the Nature's Miracle smell from my cat's fur? I have waterless cat shampoo, should I use that? I am never using this cleaner again.
Waterless shampoo should be fine :)
I haven't found Nature's Miracle to have much of an odor, but, my sense of smell can be kind of weird. If you've used it in the past before this, have you noticed a difference between batches?

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used Nature's Miracle decades ago and recently bought some, it stinks now, I can't stand the smell of it, I wish they had an unscented version.

Jabzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Waterless shampoo should be fine :)
I haven't found Nature's Miracle to have much of an odor, but, my sense of smell can be kind of weird. If you've used it in the past before this, have you noticed a difference between batches?
I haven't noticed a difference. It's always smelled awful, as I've never encountered the version that was scent free. I'll try the waterless shampoo, thank you!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
They changed the formula when they changed the packaging from one size fits all to cat and dog formulas. Personaly I don't think theres a difference between the cat and dog products. Both can be poured into a carpet steamer or blotted on the rug.

We used a carpet steamer for our old senile cat. (The rugs not the cat!)