Nature's Domain Dry Food From Costco?

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am new to this forum and learning. Any input would be appreciated. I'm going to be switching my five cats to a mostly wet food diet, but I would still like dry food as well. I've had them on Nature's Domain for a couple years, and the other Kirkland brand from Costco, for the past few years. The other one is few dollars cheaper and it's the Chicken & Rice formula in the purple bag. The one I'm currently using has fish as primary ingredient. Is this bad? I've noticed on this forum people saying it's not a good idea, but I don't understand the reasoning. Since dry food will no longer be the *main* part of their diet, I'm wondering if this food will still be suitable to keep them on, or should I switch back to the "Chicken & Rice" variety, or a higher end brand altogether? Photos of both foods attached. The dry food they are currently eating is the orange bag. The wet foods I'm ordering from Chewy are Nutro Natural Choice (Minced & Sliced), Weruva and Fancy Feast classic. I'm ordering a variety as to figure out what they will like.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the info! I just tried to give my cats chicken flavored wet food. One out of five is actually eating it. The other four turned up their noses. I think this is going to be an uphill battle! :(

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Switching foods often IS an uphill battle. Try mixing a little bit of the new food into their old food, and gradually increase the amount of new food, and if that doesn't work, you can always try using the dry food as a topper for the wet food. Just crush a little bit of it and sprinkle over the wet food.