Natural Life canned cat food?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding Nutro MAX cat wet to the boys as well as dry. And I'm waiting for the wet to go on sale again at Petsmart--I really can't afford it otherwise--I know now how much to buy when its on sale so I don't run out...

Anyway I bought a few cans of Friskies--which I hate because of the by products in them, I saw the Natural Life brand at Walmart, from what I read it seems a step above Friskies.

What is the general consensus so to speak, on it? I really hope November is my lucky month for a sale. I feel like I've set a bar/standard and I hate to go under that. I know Nutro isn't the best but its the best on our budget. I also really want to add more wet to their diet.

Leslie

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMHO way better than friskies ... vet said okay food she was not impressed by the amount of veggies

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't consider it a "step above" Friskies, it's far better. There are no byproducts and meat is the first ingredient.

A 6oz can of Natural Life is $1.17 at my Wal-Mart but they have had the oceanfish flavor on sale for at least a month for $0.50 a can. I stocked up because you can't find anything that cheap with those ingredients. I cleaned them out, lol.

Do you live by anywhere that sells Chicken Soup? The 5.5oz cans are $0.79 here at one of the independent pet stores. That's about the same price as Nutro here and I like the ingredients more.

Also, Petsmart makes a brand called Authority with wet food that is very similar to Nutro Natural but is less expensive.

I sometimes buy the Meow Mix pouches at Wal-Mart. They are usually in a box of 12 for $4.50(ish), making the pouches about $0.38 each. Meow Mix pouches have no byproducts.

Nutro Max hasn't been on sale at our Petsmart since last summer
I bought a bunch when it was though.

Good for you for feeding wet food on a tight budget!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

The boys really aren't even fond of the Friskies! I promised them they only have to eat the remaining 3 cans and then no more of it!

Authority is probably my next best option cost wise. Nutro max 5.5 cans are .82 and Authoritys 6 oz cans are .62 so until Nutro is on sale again--I think the sale was June, which my gut tells me it won't be on sale again til December (which would be 6 months) we'll probably add in authority--they like that is has a beef flavor.

Leslie