Naming cat

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum or not but we are hopefully adopting one of the stray cats that we feed! Just need to run some tests to make sure she is fine to be around our other resident animals 🤞🏼🤞🏼 . We have been calling her Tigger but are thinking about switching names!
We are having a hard time choosing so here are some suggestions we have come up with please let me know what looks like fits her best!
1. Tigger (current)
2. Cheddar
3. Pumpkin
4. Waffles
5. Butters
6. Carrot
7. Buttercup
8. Truffles
9. Olive
10. Snickers
IMG_7175.jpeg
IMG_7176.jpeg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look at my signature pictures you'll see what name I'm partial to that you listed...then, she looks like an Olive or a Truffles to me!
I hope the residents agree to her. How good of you to have been feeding her :redheartpump:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! Your Waffles is so cute!!
If you look at my signature pictures you'll see what name I'm partial to that you listed...then, she looks like an Olive or a Truffles to me!
I hope the residents agree to her. How good of you to have been feeding her :redheartpump:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With that pretty splotch of caramel yellow on her face, I like the diary options... butters, buttercup or cheddar.
I think a new name to go with having a home at last is lovely. Is this the stray girl who was pregnant?
Yes this is her!

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any specific reason you are looking into changing her name? Does she know Tigger as her name?
I have to just add my voice to this question, because I don't believe it's been answered yet.

The only reason I also want to ask has nothing to do with the name, but whether or not you've already been using the name Tigger in her presence and when speaking to her. The sound of the name may already carry some familiarity to her.

I don't know if that is the case, and I'm not trying to say don't do it, but I just thought it's worth considering.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What about Brie since it's a creamy yellow or white cheese? It's also a female name and she's a darling girl. :hearthrob:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to just add my voice to this question, because I don't believe it's been answered yet.

The only reason I also want to ask has nothing to do with the name, but whether or not you've already been using the name Tigger in her presence and when speaking to her. The sound of the name may already carry some familiarity to her.

I don't know if that is the case, and I'm not trying to say don't do it, but I just thought it's worth considering.
This was the reason I was asking as well. But C Charity355 whatever you decide, even if she does know her current name and you want to give her a new name from you because she is new to you and a special beginning to a very special life for a beautiful little girl is a precious reason to rename any little pet. I hope you can adopt her. Let us know how it goes 😀