Name Three Things - 2024

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The sewer-dude was here. Both tanks are cleaned out. It's definitely been a while since they were here last!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed.
  • Working on three loads of laundry. Didn't get the bed sheets changed yesterday, so I changed them this morning.
  • "Grocery shopping" in the freezers this morning. Brought up chicken thighs (dinner tonight) ground beef (for hamburgers on Saturday), and a pork loin roast (for Sunday dinner). Also some diced onions, diced peppers and threw them in the freezer in the kitchen. Paper towels to fill the cabinet in the bathroom.
  • I want to vacuum and swiffer at some point.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I am working on tomorrow's talk - selecting images, sequentially numbering them . . . usually involves some re-numbering. Very tedious. But I must finish tonight / tomorrow morning so Himself can load them on the card for my digital projector. Push. Shove. Impetus.

Kwik Kwik This talk is in Hunterdon County NJ. I am - basically - retired but like to keep my hand in, so to speak. I do two gratis talks a year for the feed and mercantile. Previously, when I was doing it for money, I spoke across the United States and abroad on horticultural topics.

This morning I went into town as I got an email from the bookstore that the air fryer cookbook I had asked them to order had arrived. On the way I stopped to photograph lilacs in bloom. I always have camera with me, especially at this time of year.

Stopped to say hello to a charming dust mop of a dog on the sidewalk - part husky and yes, one brown, one blue eye. Licked my hand. Picked up book, walking back to car and met three miniature long coated dachshunds. Got my hand licked again.

Now off to IGA for this and that. Left camera in the car. Walked to entrance - you want to hear about the picture I did not get? Kicking myself. Always regret the one(s) I miss more than appreciate the ones I get.

There was an older man loading his groceries into the saddlebags on his motorcycle. And he was wearing a backpack. He had a beagle. Wearing goggles. In the backpack. Absolutely adorable. Should have asked him to wait while I dashed back to my car for camera but there you go, I did not. Perhaps we will see each other again. I can but hope.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I end up spending a good chunk of the afternoon yesterday culling my shoes. I have/had so many good shoes that I love, most of which no longer fit and never will fit again because of my wonky foot. But I just keep moving them around and out of the way of the ones I do wear. Yesterday I did a reality check and finally got rid of them. Yay! Closet space.

I did start deep cleaning the kitchen but need to finish today, and also make a run to the pet store for food.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Finished setting up images for this afternoon's Herbs for Flavor and Fragrance presentation
2) Himself loaded lecturet on flash drive and backup drive
3) Tried it out in the projector - I always have some difficulty getting to the correct starting point
4) Checked laser pointer - it needed one of the two batteries replaced. Domino and Mr Poe were enthralled!
5) Somewhere in there I did a load of laundry. Will remove from dryer and bring upstairs when I go to change my clothes

and that's about where things stand at the moment.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A lazy day. Rick got up with the girls and Mollipop and I hung out in bed until 8:30. It's raining and is just generally bleak, Rick turned on the football draft. Molli and I joined Tabby back in bed for an afternoon nap.
Tonight, I think we're going to watch Northern Exposure.
I just started rewatching this series. So good?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see - as anticipated there was a rather modest turnout for my talk. Always is. But to my delighted surprise here came my friend Bill, the man who is extremely helpful when I have issues writing entries for website. Even more unexpectedly, in comes Arlene, still in her mob cap, long skirt, shawl and the rest of her historical outfit as she's just finished a demonstration / presentation of her own across the river in Pennsylvania and decided to come listen to me. Over the moon I was, let me tell you!

So audience (less than a dozen but hey, that's what I get) settle down, I start talking only 10 or 15 minutes late. Sailing right along, getting some good questions, and then the digital projector decides there's a slide it will refuse to recognize. I swap flash drives - same problem. Yikes! Bill calmly talks me through a solution (skip that image) and on I go. Finish, everyone happy, refreshments enjoyed, and off everyone goes.

Bill follows me home, the three of us sit around talking while I mentally run through possible dinner options. We ended up with stir fry of shrimp, asparagus, onion, and red pepper over rice. I used somewhat too much soy sauce so it was a little saltier than I like but the men had seconds so couldn't have been too bad.

And that was my day.

Today I am hoping to mix potting soil, even get started repotting, but mostly keep it a quieter day.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a good day C catapault . Not really sure what I am doing today. I did finish the kitchen yesterday as planned and there is nothing else I really must get done. Maybe the puzzle I keep intending to start.