Name the kitten

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to pick up a baby brother for my kitten at the end of the month and I have no idea how I'm going to name him! I've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now and it's driving me a bit crazy. Technically there is no rush but I would like to have a good idea anyway. Right now, my kitten's name is Happy.
I thought I could name the second kitten Ness (Happy & Ness) but somehow it doesn't feel right when I think about calling "Neeeeeessssss" - also, I must admit, when I told this to my father he replied that the new kitten is "a complete cat in his own self, he should have a name of his own and not finish what the first kitten started" it might sound a bit farfetched but what he said confirmed my feeling of not calling him Ness.

I tried to think of some names, and/or some other emotions/adjectives that could fit a kitten. I'd like to have a name with 2 syllables.
So far I thought of: Meeko (meaning little mischief and is the raccoon in Pocahontas; conveniently the kitten has a striped tail!), Lucky, Bear,Pepper (more a girl's name in english) and Jelly.
My father said I should call him Chubby since he is a lot chubbier than Happy was at that age, but I would feel bad.

I think he looks a bit like a wild cat. He's a Siberian cat so he will get a lot "fluffier" than he currently is.

Any suggestions on how I should name him? Here is a picture:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's a great name but I would prefer a name with 2 syllables. However, Happy & Beau doesn't sound too bad! :)

lovefive

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its always hard to name a kitty, when I rescued Martha her name was ... cat! Such people have vivid imaginations lol. I think she suits a martha. As to your kitty, gosh it was hard to choose a name for my kitty let alone someone elses [emoji]128521[/emoji] , it order pends what you like and what character she is. Whatabout Angel or skye? I think meeko is nice because its different. Good luck with naming your new kitty [emoji]128570[/emoji]

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's super cute. I always wait till I get the kitty and then name them, whatever speaks to you or according to their personality.
This is good advice from KittensNCoffee. ^^^^

Originally I gave my kitten a different name, but in less than two weeks it was clear that he was a Bud/Buddy. It just came naturally to me when interacting with him. I'd always say, "Hey, little buddy!" or "Hey bud!" Now he's two years old and definitely knows his name.

I don't think it's mean to name a cat Chubby, but how about Chubbs? Or Snacks?
That's a fun name. Or you could always go with Chubbmaster Flex, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Other suggestions:

- Curtis, Destroyer of Galaxies

- Jones

- Boomer

- LG, short for Little Guy

- Calvin

- Kublai

- Darth Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellycatfish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohh I love those suggestions!
Especially Chubbs, it made me laugh. If I named him LG I'm pretty sure I would end up calling him Luigi, hehe!
Sergeant is a good name, too, since he looks so serious on that picture!

I was thinking I would wait until I meet him to choose with his personality. If all goes according to the plan, I'll pick him up in less than two weeks! I'm really excited about it but also very anxious about introducing him to Happy. I think I'm sticking on finding a name so I don't have to think about how the introduction will go and/or how I should proceed. I want them to love each other so they would spend the weekends (in the future) all snuggled up with me! :D it's a bit of a wishful thinking to think it would all happen on the first weekend.

Thank you for those suggestions! I love this forum!