name of natural remedy for calming cats who are stressed?

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine just found out that one of her cats has an UTI and it's probable that it was caused by stress since my friend has a 6 month old baby.

I am trying to remember the name of a natural remedy that many people has recommended in the past to me here but I can't remember it.

I know it starts with a B...... HELP? It's natural and can be added to water I believe..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! That's it!! Where can she find it?  I remember I've tried to find it before with no luck in stores for animals.

It does work, right? Helps to calm cats down?  I've tried Feliway with my cats and it helped a bit but not now (I think they're used to it now) and it's EXPENSIVE so I know my friend won't go for that.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Some pet stores carry it, but it might be easier to find online (the website I linked to sells it, for example). There are people who swear by it, but others who say it's completely ineffective. View media item 252607 I stick to Feliway, because it does seem to work.

There are some members who've tried calming collars.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than online I've seen it for sale in an integrated vet's office, you might try calling some in your area. Either that or maybe pet stores that specialize in holistic food.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don''t know one starting with "B" but Jackson Galaxy's Spirit Essences include one called Stress Stopper that is supposed to be very good.  There's another one called Scaredy Cat that people on here have recommended.  You can google it.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure about something with a "b" either.  Bachs rescue remedy?  I have no experience with essences myself!

Feliway diffusers/spray and calming collars are routinely recommended.  I have used both for an ongoing situation here (also stress related we think).