Name a sound or noise...

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Commercial airplanes since I lived 10 miles from the airport. I also remember the occasional sonic booms from certain aircraft back in the 60's.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My mother singing. She was a classical voice major in college, and she sang the way she breathed: all the time. She often didn’t even realize she was singing. Yesterday would have been her 101st birthday. :angel:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything that has to do with city noises...including neighbors so close you can reach out a window and touch them.
And I don't miss any of that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Grasshoppers - as kids we would go to a vacant lot with overgrown plants/vegetation, catch caterpillars and listen to the insects particularly grasshoppers which rub their back legs across their wings.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Harbour sounds. When the wind blows through the moored yachts and you hear that "chink, chink, chink" sound of rigging tapping against mast.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Street sweepers. We don't have them come around here but they were always doing the streets in my grandparent's neighborhood and I'm pretty sure they still do.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Highway noises, dial-up connecting, busy signals, idling trucks. I grew up by a freeway and there was a business park behind my house that had a lot of semis late at night.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Motor boats in the summer, out my front door was Lake Michigan and there were always people out with their boats.