Name A Bill....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't find any bills to be overly annoying, exactly. But, yeah, the electric bill is the wild card. All the others are a consistent amount (gas is on budget billing). But the electric bill can vary wildly, especially in the summer. I like to subtract all my bills at the beginning of the month so I know how much I have left over, but not knowing the amount makes it hard, I have to estimate.

I think it's possible to get electric put on budget billing, but I don't know if I want to do that.

OK, I take that back, the car insurance bill is annoying. It always shows up when I don't expect it, and because I pay 6 months at a time it's fairly large.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does rent count? I pay an insane amount for a 400 square foot studio. It should not cost this much to live and I'm barely able to afford it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you check the county auditor's website to see what the increase will be? With any luck, it will not be too much!
They haven't received the tax levies yet,so until they do,which I believe they said would be in September,bills get prepared and mailed out Nov. 1st....maybe sometime in there I'll know.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
property and school taxes. pretty much every year, the assessed value of all properties here are raised. several years ago, the town hired a company (not from here, but from another state) to do the assessments -- the town didn't want people calling them to complain about the yearly increases. to top it off, they put in new sidewalks and drainage along the side of some roads in town, but here we just got a big truck with a plow attachment, scraping along the edge of the roads -- some houses up the street from me get their lawns looking like a small pond every time it rains...this road slopes downward in that direction, and much of the water from rain ends up in their yards.

our country could go into another Great Depression, and the taxes will still go up every single year. :headshake:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quarterly property taxes (or any kind of taxes since I live in Taxachusetts (Massachusetts). They get you for everything here. I am surprised they haven't figured out a way to tax breathing.