nail trimming suggestion for indoor cats

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello i am having problems keeping my 2 girls nails at "none skin shredding" length. i have the clippers, but the prob is neither of them will sit still and i dont like leaving them too long for them :(

any suggestions on what other methods i could use? any particular scratching post better than others? yes they have one, but they dont seem to use it and its quite old now in respect.

thanks

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
re nails:

Get them while they're sleeping. You might have to settle for just doing two or three nails a day.

Give them a treat or two after you have clipped.

Touch their paws all the time even when you have no intention of cutting their nails so they are used to it.

re scratching post:

The best scratching posts are solid (don't wobble or tip) and allow the cat to really get a good stretch (the full length of the cat). This is why they love your furniture the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
re nails:

Get them while they're sleeping. You might have to settle for just doing two or three nails a day.

Give them a treat or two after you have clipped.

Touch their paws all the time even when you have no intention of cutting their nails so they are used to it.

re scratching post:

The best scratching posts are solid (don't wobble or tip) and allow the cat to really get a good stretch (the full length of the cat). This is why they love your furniture the best.
thankyou, yeah i have been trying with the nails. sparkle i think will come round to it, but glamorous is so much different, she doesnt even like being picked up where as sparkle does