myths or misconceptions

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What some myths or misconceptions about cats, behavior or pregnacy, health?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That because they don't give their trust/love indiscriminately as most dogs do that they aren't friendly or loving. (I hate this one probably most of all. 
)

The superstition that black cats are "bad luck". This one just makes me sad. Black cats are awesome, smart, loving and gorgeous. They are also very good luck. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That because they don't give their trust/love indiscriminately as most dogs do that they aren't friendly or loving. (I hate this one probably most of all. 
)

The superstition that black cats are "bad luck". This one just makes me sad. Black cats are awesome, smart, loving and gorgeous. They are also very good luck. 
I feel the love and trust from a cat is better because we have to earn it, with dogs not so much

@Norachan  correct me if I am wrong but isn't black cats consider good luck in Japan or am I thinking some other place?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I feel the love and trust from a cat is better because we have to earn it, with dogs not so much

@Norachan  correct me if I am wrong but isn't black cats consider good luck in Japan or am I thinking some other place?
I agree about that.

I think they do. They need to teach that to the rest of the world. There wouldn't be so many black cats being overlooked in shelters. 

Poor Henry sat in one for 8 years until he came to live with us. 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree about that.

I think they do. They need to teach that to the rest of the world. There wouldn't be so many black cats being overlooked in shelters. 

Poor Henry sat in one for 8 years until he came to live with us. 
With dogs you automatically earn it but you can lose their trust and love

Last time I look online for a shelter near me, it did seem there more black cats up for adoption

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

With dogs you automatically earn it but you can lose their trust and love

Last time I look online for a shelter near me, it did seem there more black cats up for adoption
Black dogs don't get adopted as quickly either. Bailey (my 12 YO border collie) is almost all black and she was in the shelter for quite a while before we adopted her. 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black dogs don't get adopted as quickly either. Bailey (my 12 YO border collie) is almost all black and she was in the shelter for quite a while before we adopted her. 
wow didn't know that, i just have a quick look online, about 35% of the cats are black, no kittens too

Last edited: