mystery explosions....

caelesto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok not explosions more like crashes. Anyone else have this issue? because sometimes I feel like I'm hallucinating or something. 

Two of my cats love to chase each other all over the house. At least once a week, this results in epic crashes coming from another room. Yet when I rush to go see what they've just destroyed, I can't find one single thing out of place. Nothing broken. Nothing fallen over. Nothing moved.

I feel like they're messing with me on purpose.... 

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes things fall BEHIND the shelves, especially behind bookshelves.  One time I heard a colossal crash and went running from my study through the house yelling at cats and asking what they broke, finding both.  Until the next day when I opened the door to the laundry room (which was closed so I didn't look in there before) and there were shards of glass all over the floor.  And there was a cool brezzeze -- ?? ***???   OH!  Evidently someone had tried to break into my house!  They smahes the widow and had reached in and unlocked the dead bolt but locked the door lock (I only had the deadbolt locked) and by then probably heard me yelling in the house and took off!  Anyhow, it wasn't the cats.  And now I keep a padlock on my fende (6 feet high) at all times.

Other mystery crashes -- one was a glass candle holder on the bathroom wall.  Didn't notice until morning.  Several others went behind thebookshelves.  One went behind a trunk.  One shattered and went down the heat register.  Also, I have a box of drinking glasses that sound like they are breaking when bumped.  They have not yet broken.

The evidence will show up sooner or later.  Have you pulled out your bedroom bureau lately to see what's behind and beneath it?

Last edited:

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The most spectacular crash was when Susan knocked over a stack of cat carriers. I stack half of them on top of an old steamer trunk and half of them on the floor. The ones on the trunk go almost to the ceiling and they made an incredible racket when she decided to jump off the top of the dresser onto the top-most crate, a tiny Voyageur 100! She took off under the armchair and wasn't seen for the rest of the day.