My Very Pregnant Cat

Moodyshine

Moodyshine
Kitten
Purraise
So, our tortoiseshell Calico (Moonshine) is very pregnant. She is really big. I noticed about 2 days ago she started to have a light brown discharge. It is kinda like dried blood. I am really worried. She is like our daughter. We treat our pets just like our children. She has been licking a lot on her tummy. She is too big to reach down there. She sleeps a lot now. I just hope she will be ok. This is her first litter. I called my vet she said " Just calm down and watch her." But it hard to.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your vet is right! Just be patient. Your cat is very close to the end, but it could still be a few days.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moodyshine

Moodyshine
Kitten
Purraise
+Sarthur2 yes we do have plans on getting all of them fixed.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What other cats do you have now? If it's intact males, you'll need to keep them completely away from your females.

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My foster cat is due any day now too and is acting the same way. Definitely normal. Momma is exhausted and it's not easy to move around when she's that big :)
Re: the discharge. 1. Are you sure it's coming from her vagina and that it's not poop? Mine has been having poop accidents with all the pressure down there from the kittens and is having trouble grooming down there after she goes to the bathroom. 2. My vet told me that I may see mucousy discharge for a few days before delivery. TMI, but the same thing happened to me before I delivered my son. It was just mucous and blood from the cervix thinning out and it's not really that much different for cats.
Good luck!