My state is trying to shut down breeders

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was simply looking for more info about my two terrorists. Up pops pages and pages of places all around my state, Pet stores will be criminally prosecuted if they sell any mammals. And I can’t even find a cat breeder around me.
And then I saw a site advertising for sire, or adopt or just tell them what you want.
Cruzapet.com is this a tinder for pets? I can’t believe it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breeders are alright if they are home breeders with very few dogs/cats that are not caged up and have interactions with their humans. the 'bad' breeders are puppy/kitten mills that cage many animals who get absolutely no interactions, no care, and are just used to turn out many offspring. They have ruined the idea of breeders, and need to be criminally prosecuted and shut down, which is what many states are doing. the animals they have are miserable. The problem is the 'bad' breeders SAY the animals are home raised, etc. flat out lying. Many now are just scammers. taking your money, saying they want a bunch more for shipping, and you get nothing. Unless you actually SEE and handle the animal you are interested in, see what environment they are raised in, BUYER BEWARE!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The one i got so upset about is the place my two came from. They were raided and took 180 dogs and cats out of the place. The name of them was never mentioned publicly. I did some sleuthing and found out it was called Crazy Rescue Ladies and it was not supposed to be breading anything at all. In their home and all sorts of other mammals in the backyard. The things i was reading made me cry at the suffering of all those animals. But they are in jail and even child endangerment too. Yes, i noticed on all there so called ads they were saying we will bring the animal to you.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking of scams, I recently read one story where the person not only lost quite a bit of money but to add insult to injury the scammer told them it was ok to p/u the kitten at the "cattery".
They drove 4 hours only to knock on the door of someone who had NO clue what they were talking about. The scammer used a random address. So 8 hours back and forth driving in total with nothing to show for it.
I've made it a mission to report each and every one I see, and to help people figure out if a site is a scam or not.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breeders are alright if they are home breeders with very few dogs/cats that are not caged up and have interactions with their humans. the 'bad' breeders are puppy/kitten mills that cage many animals who get absolutely no interactions, no care, and are just used to turn out many offspring. They have ruined the idea of breeders, and need to be criminally prosecuted and shut down, which is what many states are doing. the animals they have are miserable. The problem is the 'bad' breeders SAY the animals are home raised, etc. flat out lying. Many now are just scammers. taking your money, saying they want a bunch more for shipping, and you get nothing. Unless you actually SEE and handle the animal you are interested in, see what environment they are raised in, BUYER BEWARE!
I found both of my boys online through a TICA breeder in Texas. I researched the Breeder before contacting by both phone and email.I felt that the information that I received from the Breeder was honest. And was provided each Cats cost plus how much the Airfare would be. The Breeder provided a detail description of each Cat including, photos, inoculations , and neuter performed by the Breeders Veterinarian. Having developed a Breeder repore with the first purchase, the second Cat purchase was very easy.

Caroline Stephens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pet stores selling animals does not equal breeder. I am sure this isn’t true 100% of the time, but pets for sale in pet shops tend to come from the “bad” breeders, think puppy mill type places. I can’t imagine ever shipping off a litter of my kittens to an unknown fate, without the ability to screen the adopting families or have any say in where they’ll go. Breeders that send their kittens or puppies to pet shops are often high volume breeders, aiming for quantity of quality.

I was disgusted to see a puppy in the local PetLand with Pectus Excavatum - very flat chest and appeared to be gasping for air while the bigger puppy in the same cage-cell jumped all over it. Unfortunately, this is common in pet stores from what I’ve seen— unhealthy animals receiving improper care. I can’t say I’m against banning sales of live animals in this kind of store. Adoption type things like they do in Petsmart are great though, don’t get me wrong.