My Son Was Killed In A Horrible Car Accident

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The accident happened Thursday June 8 in Western NE. My son's job was doing repair work for a fast food franchise. He was returning home to Colorado from Nebraska on the interstate when the accident happened. Another vehicle crossed the median and hit my son head on. According to police, my son never saw the other vehicle coming because there were no brake lights and no skid marks. My son was killed instantly and the other driver had a heart attack in the ambulance...he was pronounced dead at the hospital later.

I was getting ready to leave for work when the police came and gave me the horrible news. The death of a child, no matter how adult they are, truly is the absolute worst thing in the world. He was an only child and now I will never even have the possibility of grandchildren to comfort me.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry! What a nightmare and worst fear come true for any parent.
My heart breaks for you. ((Hugs))

:grouphug2:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my. I am so very sorry this has happened. I have no words, only that you will be in my prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the police car outside in the street and I thought they might be checking on my next door neighbor who is an older lady living alone. I was wrong :bawling: your replies mean a lot to me, thank you.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug. I hope that there is a heaven and we will see our loved one's again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so so sorry to read this. Seven weeks ago my little nephew was killed in a car accident. I won't even pretend the pain of an Aunt is anywhere equal to that of a parent losing a child; but to an extent, hearing this feels all to familiar.:frown:

I hope and pray you have family and friends who can help give you comfort during this time. And of course; from Sweetie. You are in my prayers!! :hugs:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to you; I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what you're feeling and how you're dealing with such pain. I am so sorry.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences lorie. My father was killed in a car accident 21 years ago next week. Like your son, another driver crossed the median & hit him head on, but he was a 17 year old new driver who wasn't injured. I have to stop myself from giving a lecture about distracted driving every time someone talks about their kid getting their license, even all these years later.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a close relative to a traffic accident, but he was not a son. I cannot imagine what you are going through. You are in my prayers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the tragic loss of your son. Although I have no words to comfort you please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. :hugs:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Lorie, I can't imagine anything worse happening to a mother. I'm in tears and my heart is breaking for you. :hugs: I hope that you have the support of family and friends around you. We are here for you if you need to share more :redheartpump:

My deepest heartfelt condolences.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. What an awful thing to happen and I can only imagine the shock and pain you're feeling now. You have my deepest sympathies. :hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Western Nebraska and remember hearing of the accident and wondering if the driver that crossed the median had had a medical problem. My heart breaks that your son was involved, I truly can't comprehend what pain this must bring to a mother's heart. Hold your precious memories tight within your heart, let them comfort you along with the prayers and condolences sent your way. I don't know you, but I cry for your pain and send my love your way. There are no words to say anything that will truly bring comfort right now, except I am so sorry and will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to lean on friends and family, they will help share your burden,

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. There's no rhyme or reason when something like this happens. :grouphug: