My sister Linda's life is balancing on the edge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much!

Linda is seeing one of her doctors today to have her graft checked and she's hoping both wound vacs can come off today! She will be too exhausted to talk tonight but I will talk to her tomorrow and see how it went and will keep you guys updated on this thread.

I'll also read to her tomorrow the comments left here! I'm sure they will cheer her up!

Originally Posted by carolinalima

...Where in Texas is she?
When you come here, if it is in the Dallas/Forth Worth Area... Let me know if you need anything at all... A ride from the airport... something picked up... There are many of us here - I am glad to help, and I am sure others would be too
She's in Houston, thank you so much for your kindness!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be really thinking of her and sending vibes

troant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, i am new to this site so i dont know about your other posts about your sister, Linda, but she sounds like a lovely lady and a fighter. I have sent huge prayers your way and i am thinking of you and your sister. So sorry you are both going through this pain and uncertainty. Thinking of you two.

tash
xx

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending mega huge healthy from across the pond for you Linda, hang in there and fight!

I know we don't allow pictures of the kids here, but i think this is an exception, because Rosie says................

GET WELL SOON LINDA!!!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am deeply sorry to read this and yes it is depressing but we are all here for the happy and the sad. I wish Linda all the best and just tell her from a cancer survivor that she can beat this monster, she just has to keep fighting and never give up. I am sending all my best to her and lots of good vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much!
This is what your positive thoughts and prayers have done:

I had a message from Linda when I got home today and she sounded super-happy! I called her and she said her doctor told her her graft is "100% perfect" and 7 students were called in to see the perfect graft!

(This is a vast improvement from several weeks ago when a med student fainted when she saw Linda's wound where her heel was cut away.)

ALSO, she is now off of both wound vacs and is tube-free! Her original surgical wound is healing very well! She said it's so much easier to get around without the tubes and machines! We are all so happy tonight!

I will read her your responses tomorrow, she was very tired tonight but had to share the good news!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is SUCH good news, Cat.

Keeping the flowing. Linda is going to beat this!! YES SHE IS!