My sister has a brain tumor!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE - TUESDAY - 2/15/05

The results for the tumor that they couldn't touch because of it being entwined in her left eye muscle have come back "benign"!

Her head is healing and most of the inflammation is down. She needs to get a PETSCAN done to see if there are any other cells or tumors throughout the rest of her body.

They're treating the remaining tumor with radiation but they feel she'll probably only need 1 or 2 radiation treatments. But they can't begin with that treatment until her head is fully healed which would be approximately another month or so.

Sorry I haven't updated recently. Things have been hectic (with myself that is) but I whole-heartedly believe the vibes from all of you are what pulled her through with great results. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, wishes and concerns.

Its truly great that we have each other here!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't catch the beginning of your post but I'm glad to read that everythings working out well with you sister. Hope she heals up just fine and that the radiation goes smoothly. Take care..

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE - SUNDAY - 3/6/05

It's been a roller coaster for the past 3 weeks. Her head is healing well!

She had the Petskan (a Catskan of the entire body) which showed another highlighted area near her windpipe, on the left, near her lymphnodes. Now they need to do a catskan of her chest to find out what it is. Based on whatever they find they'll need to perform surgery to have a biopsy done, to determine if it is benign or not!

Her tumors in her eye can not be treated yet with radiation till she is better healed, as well as the setback now of this new highlighted area.

When they do the radiation treatments she will need 2 weeks of it. (Monday through Friday for 2 weeks.) 10 sessions total.....at least!

It's funny that going through this, you tend to look at things so differently. How easily we get upset with things that don't matter. And then all the things we take for granted, ya know?

I'll tell more when I know more. Till then, please pray? Thank you all.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

......It's funny that going through this, you tend to look at things so differently. How easily we get upset with things that don't matter. And all we take for granted, ya know?

I'll tell more when I know more. Till then, please pray? Thank you all.

It puts so much needed perspective on life.
Lots of prayer and hugs coming your way~~

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your poor sister. Poor you -- you just didn't need another worry to be added to your life. I will say many many prayers for your sister and for you. Stay strong.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheryl - I'm sorry to hear this news. Sending lots of positive vibes your way that this proves to be benign and your sister's treatment goes well.

Sending lots of vibes to you too to help you through this tough time. We're all here for you, whenever you need us

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to take this time out to thank each and every one of you for your prayers, good vibes, thoughts and concerns, hugs and kind words, but mostly to thank you all for being here for me, I truly mean it.

It's a heavy burden to live through, I can't imagine what it's like for my sister. God help her!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing one can say that will ease the burden, this is such a tough time for you. But you know that all around the world there are people who are sharing as far as they can and who care.