My Second Cat (pablo's Sister) Is Back Home(parvo Infected Environment)

ray7667

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So from my previous posts most of you guys already know pablo's story and how he lassed by parvo/panleuk. 11 days ago i got mia back home after i bleached the whole house.Mia still shows no symptoms of parvo (we are kinda nervous whether she will catch the sickness from pablo's shedding) . However she just went into heat yesterday (she is 8 months old) and she is very talkative and energetic. Any thoughts about relation between parvo and heat? can a possibly sick cat get into heat?(she is fully vaccinated btw)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I doubt an illness would stop/affect Mia's heat cycle, especially if you see all the same signs that you've seen before in her.

Since you are still worried about her becoming ill, have you talked to the vet about what to look for, and whether or not they can test her for a sign of the level of positive antibodies from the vaccinations? Also, out of curiosity, was she tested before the vaccinations, just to be sure she didn't already have it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ray7667

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I doubt an illness would stop/affect Mia's heat cycle, especially if you see all the same signs that you've seen before in her.

Since you are still worried about her becoming ill, have you talked to the vet about what to look for, and whether or not they can test her for a sign of the level of positive antibodies from the vaccinations? Also, out of curiosity, was she tested before the vaccinations, just to be sure she didn't already have it?
she wasnt tested but both her parents where , also before vacc she had no contact with pablo. i want to stress on that she shows no signs that pablo showed before or during sickness. she is very interested in playing and she is obviously social. it is very cold here but her body temp is warm even without proper heating.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As I understand it, if Mia was fully vaccinated before she came into your home, she should be protected. Here in the US, a booster shot is standard 1 year after the initial vaccinations, and then every 3 years thereafter. If Mia will be spending time outdoors, your vet would prefer to give her a booster shot every year.