My Rescued Unfixed Male Has Hit The Wall N Wants Out. Sad

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

He's getting neutered but it hurts to see him want out. We have calming spray n I give him access to the big double door window but tonight he's nutty probably cuz it's warmer so I opened it up (have before) n let him breathe in the fresh air. Hate seein him bummed but I know what's best. He's layin down on floor flapping his tail some. He went for the door latch-smart boy

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting a male cat neutered is a much simpler surgery than a spay surgery for a female cat. When is his neuter appointment? You can probably let him back out a couple days after the surgery if he is fully active again. You are doing the right thing getting him neutered. He will have a much healthier and happier life, so it's worth the discomfort he is experiencing now being kept confined. Also, you will never have to worry about him bringing his kittens to you to care for. Yes, some male Tom's do that.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Remember cats are masters at making you feel guilty. How did you get him in?

Guess you have to weigh after to get him fixed if his life will be better outside or inside. Or he might turn out to be an inside/outside guy...we have a few rescues like that.

You are doing a good thing for him in spite of how he makes you feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm doing inside n might attempt harness after neuter. I may find him forever home. I can't afford it but I'm attached. He's a cuddlier n starting to play. There are many predators where I am and he'd be in danger. I'll play as much as I can. Currently we have episodes of meowing or yowling at wildlife outside the 2 huge windows

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His name is Shmoo Gledhill n he has FB page to keep history etc

Debp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Glad you are keeping him safe from predators and even bad weather. Sounds like he is loving and playful...hope you can keep him. Or maybe find him a home with one of your friends so you can still see him?

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad you are keeping him safe from predators and even bad weather. Sounds like he is loving and playful...hope you can keep him. Or maybe find him a home with one of your friends so you can still see him?
Oh, he's got it good, it's just hard knowing he wants out but that he probably doesn't ...it's at night that he gets nutty cuz of the wildlife. I just say "uh huh, yep, no way" to all his chatting.

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's doing ok inside he just has 2 huge windows that have a variety of smells, wildlife n woods. He's comfy with air n view n screen door which I will shore up but it's new with no tears.

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't see him on harness till well after neuter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Good with vet today, she came by

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks pretty happy to me! It looks like he's smiling in his sleep.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he is making the adjustment to being an indoor cat. It is much less stressful caring for an indoor than an outdoor cat, and he will be calmer and more content after the neuter. Keep us updated.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will take three or four weeks post neuter for the testosterone to recede to the new levels. Hopefully the desire to roam will also recede. Good luck, and thank you for rescuing this furry soul!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing Shmoo Gledhill. Very cool name for a very handsome cat. :catlove: