My Raw Food Adventure

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have finally convinced my parents to buy some sample pre-mixes to make our own ground raw food. I’m so excited :D

Right now, Annabelle is eating Iron Will Raw (Note: I am in Canada so a lot of the brands I read on here are not available.) It isn’t a whole prey model so it doesn’t have all the nutrients she requires. So in-between we feed her her wet food, but a lot of the times she will refuse to eat it and wants her raw instead. xD

We did try Totally Raw as well, which does have whole prey models, but I’m not sure if because it’s compressed into patties and very dry that she refuses to eat it. ($27 down the drain with that.)

She is one of those cats that we were lucky and didn’t even need to transition as when frozen meats come out of the freezer she begs for it. Our other cat is a dry food addict, we tried numerous times trying to convert her but no luck. :(

As I’m in Canada the samples I got are Better in the Raw and TC Feline.

I’m really hoping she likes TC Feline as Better in the Raw is 2x as expensive.

I did get TC Feline with dry liver, I read they want you to also add an egg yolk to it, or is that only if you buy the original formula and don’t want to use liver?

Thanks in advanced! Pic of the two girls attached.

I'll keep everyone posted when we try the mixes on how she likes them.

Attachments

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous girls! Congrats on taking homemade raw for a spin.

As for the TCFeline, yes, I think all the current ones being sold you're able to add egg yolk to. Or, at least the instructions on mine say to add egg yolk. I don't know if you're able to get Alnutrin in Canada, but that's even cheaper (slightly) than TCFeline, and my boys like it just as much.

Keep us updated on how it goes please, and good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What gorgeous girls! Congrats on taking homemade raw for a spin.

As for the TCFeline, yes, I think all the current ones being sold you're able to add egg yolk to. Or, at least the instructions on mine say to add egg yolk. I don't know if you're able to get Alnutrin in Canada, but that's even cheaper (slightly) than TCFeline, and my boys like it just as much.

Keep us updated on how it goes please, and good luck!
Thanks Emmi, I did look into Alnutrim as well as EZ Complete, but they charge over $20 shipping to Canada, plus I'd need to convert US to CAN currency so it ends up being much more expensive.

Better in the Raw and TC Feline both do free shipping to Canada.

I'll make sure to let everyone know how it goes when we get the samples and try them!

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Better in the Raw came but we probably won't be making any batch for a couple of weeks as poor Annabelle is under the weather and not eating like her usual self :(

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better in the Raw came but we probably won't be making any batch for a couple of weeks as poor Annabelle is under the weather and not eating like her usual self :(
Sorry to hear this! =(
:petcat:Feel better, Annabelle!

cifelliac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to hear this! =(
:petcat:Feel better, Annabelle!
Thank you :)

We unfortunately had to take her to the vet yesterday as she had gotten worse, good thing we did as she had a fever and was dehydrated. After subq fluids, blood work, injections for fever, infection and appetite stimulant she came home with her usually appetite.

The vet was trying to sell me on Purina vet diet canned foods as her whiskas wet is "bad" food. I tried to tell her I had tried to get her to eat better wet food but she likes her whiskas, she didn't listen and was trying to force the food into her anyways. (Faye, the one that hates wet food came and licked the gravy then left. lol) -_- she was also trying to sell me Royal Canine dry food.

After this making my own raw with all her nutrients I will have peace of mind knowing it's better then all that stuff.

We're going to try to make a batch of chicken and turkey for her this week while she recovers from whatever she has. I'm sure she will be bugging us as we make it for her :D

Attachments