My Pu Cats Story

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rufflesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So they said it would be find to apply a thin layer and if other vet didnt leave catheter in then they must have had good reason. However after i put the jelly on and he peed he still growled and was very upset ;( i guess its a mix of stinging from still healing and the urn to lick.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I never had to use them. Tommy was never given a catheter after surgery. We were given permission to remove the collar when he had the stitches out at two weeks, but as soon as he got it off he had groomed himself raw and started begging me for food (he's an emotional eater), so the cone went back on him for another two weeks.

Rufflesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I never had to use them. Tommy was never given a catheter after surgery. We were given permission to remove the collar when he had the stitches out at two weeks, but as soon as he got it off he had groomed himself raw and started begging me for food (he's an emotional eater), so the cone went back on him for another two weeks.
That makes me feel better knowing someone else didnt have one. Thank u.

Rufflesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Did your cat growl after peeing or seem upset?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His dad pulled one of his clots off before the stitches came off... he thought it was loose and it wasn't ready...he was supposed to leave it alone.
Tommy was a little distressed from that, but not loudly, so we gave him a dose of buprenorphine. Then he got constipated for 3-4 days from the drug so he vomited because he was straining so hard to get his poop done.

Rufflesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His dad pulled one of his clots off before the stitches came off... he thought it was loose and it wasn't ready...he was supposed to leave it alone.
Tommy was a little distressed from that, but not loudly, so we gave him a dose of buprenorphine. Then he got constipated for 3-4 days from the drug so he vomited because he was straining so hard to get his poop done.
Oh goodness ;(

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where you live but, Hydrasense, (company with the dolphin as it's logo), has a "baby" saline solution that comes in individual droppers. There is probably 24 or so in a box. It is PURE saline with no other additives or preservatives. It's used for colds to help with congestion in the nose, but I find it very helpful for "cat use".