my pregnant kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Picture you cat miniture scale :) her kittend are lower then the first nipples. Mine you can see also. I felt them at last week tuesday, as they seem I position. You can also check the biggest anf fullest nipples to see how many she will have. Keep me posted also! I love your kitty! :) :) :) :)

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I heard a "mmph" high pitched sound from her nesting box.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can be hard to predict an exact day but it sounds like she is getting close,  probably will have kittens within a few days. and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens today. 

Re acting like she needs to go to the bathroom,  she probably DOES feel like that since the kittens are pressing on her abdominal organs.    and it also could be due to starting labor .

Good luck!

Cheri

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kittens. I can feel a lump with these skinny things. I may be wrong when she wad concived, other wise she would be 65 days. Still purring a ton. She is still eating somewhat. Do non pregnet females that are a tad over weight have bellies that feel like kittens? I felt the kittens last week tuesday. I still feel a lump or two. I can't really tell hoe many are in there. Probaly not alot.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kittens still. waiting game is best held
As patent. I am super patient.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Close? She may be, I don't. Really know. Mad crave for water.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turned out she was either infertile or reabsorbed her kittens. When I was away, she slipped out and her neck felt like there was dried spit on it. When I let her back inshe's super sweet.I don't know she's going to have a litter of kittens .I think she's fertile this time.okay to this time she'll probably be more noticeable.so probably have more noticeable belly , and bigger nipples. I guess she was to small for mating to completely carry through. This time I am expecting. I will have to see in 3 weeks, sorry ti keep you waiting. She will have beautiful kittens, so I am guessing someone would love to have some.

karagraaf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wait, I'm confused.. You thought she was pregnant but now you suspect she may have reasorbed them (I was sort of wondering that by some of your posts) but she got out again recently and is for sure pregnant now but just not very far along? How are you figuring this out? A vet or just a guess? Since she is keeping you guessing this much maybe you should take her in just to get a better idea if you haven't already. If she JUST got pregnant, I would get her spayed before they get too big, you might have a chance still. Best if luck with whatever is happening.. I'm just really confused

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry. I still may be wrong, so we have to wait it out. I know some will be againts this, but we don't want to abbort. I think we can find some people willing. We don't enjoy aborting, so we are just waiting it out. She may not even have the parts for this, and the vet said nothing about spaying. We took her in whe. She could be, but they really overprice a vet app. Spay, and ultra sound. We can't pull that money up at the moment, because we are doing something else. Sorry :(

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitty got out again! Sly little booger is impossible to pass out the door! We can't get a spay appointment, sorry :( :( :( :( she mated again :( . I don't want to imprison her till she is spayed. She came home peppy and really nice. Silent heat is the only thing to explain this. We were gone all day, and some one had let her out. My faimly thinks she "plays" outside, but I think she really just "plays" with the boys. She has dried spit, and when she is finished licking and rolling, she wants to come in. Only then. Again, she can be infertile, absorb them, not having the parts, ect. I really am sorry :(

ktknievel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitty got out again! Sly little booger is impossible to pass out the door! We can't get a spay appointment, sorry :( :( :( :( she mated again :( . I don't want to imprison her till she is spayed. She came home peppy and really nice. Silent heat is the only thing to explain this. We were gone all day, and some one had let her out. My faimly thinks she "plays" outside, but I think she really just "plays" with the boys. She has dried spit, and when she is finished licking and rolling, she wants to come in. Only then. Again, she can be infertile, absorb them, not having the parts, ect. I really am sorry :(
I don't know what part of the world you live in, but have you tried all of the shelters in your area for low cost spay clinics? The shelters don't need to be in your area to give you referrals to vets that you may never have known about from web searches and phone books. I finally found a vet I like and my Dood likes via referral from a shelter and a local foster mom - and it never would have known the vet existed without that call.

By the sounds of it, it is pretty guaranteed that someone will continue letting her out, and while I know you were excited about kittens I'm sure you don't want her to go through all of the health issues that will happen without spaying! Plus, it is way more expensive to spay and neuter all of the kittens AND mom then just Mom! Plus, the last time she saw a vet was them confirming her pregnancy, have you contacted them within the last few days to let them know that you think she is no longer pregnant? They definitely need to know. Fingers crossed that she isn't pregnant :whitecat: she really is a pretty kitty!! :rbheart:

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The best solution to all of this is to get her spayed. It's not nice to let her get pregnant over and over again just because you won't find the resources to get her spayed. If you're not careful you could end up with a whole kitty colony, mating and producing kittens at alarming rates!

Last edited:

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she is infertile and was never pregnet in the first place. Any way, I would never let her keep getting pregnet, because that is discussing. The last low cost place we went to, my first cat died. Everywhere is not a nice place to spay her safely, anc like I said, we can't pull up that money right now. I think her first times didnt work out, and she was not outside all day. I will watch over her incase, but like I said, I think she is unable. But what do I know.....

karagraaf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well if her nipples were pinking and you felt babies then I'm sure she not infertile, I wouldn't assume something like that. Maybe she reasorbed them?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can she resorb them that late in the pregnancy?
I seems they can.  I remember one forumite, her cat went over the time, we got all anxious. In the end she went to the vet of ocurse.  No kittens, the vet told her she had absorbed them.  It must have been done quite late.

the mother cat survived in any case without problems.

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitties belly was not huge. Since it was light snow over here, she played in the snow happily. I think I imagined kicks when she turned. Her nipples werr not even thst long at all! My mistake. I will still update, because I think she for real mated. I think those were her first times because shr never staryed scting like this before. So by 3 weekd I will tell you all. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Ny jan. 8 the they should be here. There will be signs before that anyway. Typing on a phone with autocorrect anf pressing littlr butyons on a screen is hard. Sorry abouy that.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really am not sure what's going on here, but if you are not sure that she is pregnant now, then I would recommend that you spay her now before she does get pregnant for sure. You say she is tiny and you were worried about her having kittens, so it really seems best for many reasons, one of which is that she seems to be allowed outside pretty frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.