My Poor Sweet Sammie

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got sad news from my father. His cat Sam (Samantha) died today. She had been battling an on going ear problem as well as feline herpes. Dad is pretty shaken up. Sam has been with him a long time and they had been on their own for 4 years together and that was his full time companion. She was 11. Dad said that she had developed diabetes. We knew it was going to happen sometime soon... Poor Sam. Let her rest.
I have lovely pictures of my little siamese feline.

nan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you and your dad.

I am so sorry that your lost Sammie.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

I would love to see pix of Sammie. I just lost my little CookieDoe on January 4. He was a Siamese/Himalayn mix.

Will your dad be ok? I hope and pray he will.

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences for your dad's and your loss. I guess our Elmer will have one more of many cats to greet as he crosses tommorrow. He also has diabetes among other problems. At least all cats get along on the other side and they are eternally happy. I suppose they even get to eat all the sweet cat food or mice they want even if they are diabetic too. Is your father going to get a new friend from a shelter? It never replaces the pain or the lost friend, but we just got Buddy from a shelter and he has already found some extra love in our hearts we did not know we had.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m so sorry for your loss.
I'll be thinking of you and your father. I hope he is okay.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to both you and your father's loss of dear Samantha.

I'll be thinking of you both and Sammie.

R.I.P. Samantha dear

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to you and your dad at this sad time.

RIP Sammy

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Samantha

my thoughts are with you and your Dad at this time - how heartbreaking it must be for him to loose his companion

RIP sweet Sammie
play happily in no pain and watch over your family until you can meet again

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for your father's loss, Beth.
My Dad loves his kitties, too.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your dads loss. The feeling of lonliness is horrible when a long term companion goes.
I do hope he will get another cat in time for although Cirque is right, a new cat can never replace the love they felt for each other, it is amazing how much room there is in your heart.
My thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you and your dad lost sweet Sammie.
You both will be in my thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I talked to dad this morning and he's doing alright. He said it was strange waking up and not having her sitting on his chest meowing to be fed. But when he thought back the the previous mornings this week he doesn't have second thoughts about what has happened. He brought her to the vet to have her put down at 3 yesterday. She'd been uncomfortable all week and just kept giving him confused looks. She was drinking a lot and peeing a lot, hardly sleeping... she was very restless. We have wonderful memories of her when she was yonger on the farm. She was a terror in her kittenhood and became so loving in her old age. All my pictures of here were pre digital camera days but I will see if I can get something scanned.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Condolences to you both, Ali. Sam is now free.
I'm sure she's having a good romp at the bridge. I know your dad's going to smile when he knows she's in a better place now.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear that your dad is looking at it so well. It's a very hard decision, and feeling guilt makes it worse. I'm so glad that he isn't second guessing it. Still thinking of him. And you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your and your Dad's loss. My Mom was widowed two and a half years ago, and I know how much the companionship of her pets means to her.